SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
redstar
1,602 Posts
Hi Phil,it was good talking to you earlier this evening by phone. This to me is the most exciting thing about our hobby. The rumors,mystery, & scant details we uncover about the past. To me its like being an archaeologist digging through time to uncover the past from the darkness & bring into the light of day. The further back in time we go the more layers of rock,dirt,etc we must dig through & remove to discover the actual artifacts. I enjoy finding rare & formally unknown electric race cars & putting them into my museum. Thats why i like the cars built before 1960 & especially the cars made before WWII. To me when i find & purchase a electric race car from the 1920s or 1930s its like finding an ancient statue from Egypt. I know Phil has done more research into rail cars in the USA than anyone else. I know he spend years searching & interviewing people who were involved in rail racing in the 1950s. I hope Phil you will continue to contribute to the forum. I hope you might post some photos on this site one day. Thanks,Bernard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts