Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well after joining a club, buying a track set, then leaving the club to emigrate I have made a start on a home track. Its a small track 2.4m x 1.2m, 8ft x 4ft in old money, but I need to use the rest of the garage.

Heres the corner where its going, needs a tidy up!

The table its going on

First track

After a few offs on to the concrete
decided to put a border round and changed the track a bit

I am going to run this track for a bit now to see how we get on with it. The kids bring there mates round to have a go so dont want it too hard but still interesting. Once I am happy i will start to add some scenery. Cant stop running it at the moment though!!

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
Those are both real nice layouts for a 4 x 8 table. I am sure you could squeeze out another foot or two

·
Registered
432 Posts
Is that Port Kennedy (WA) Rich, was down that way today working with a mate. Nice start to your own home track, I was going to start doing some scenery on my own track a while ago but like yourself I always seem to be running laps, and I think the main fact is I don't know whether I want this track to stay or change it (again) and then do some scenery.

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Matt, yes it is WA. I see you are in Freo, do you run at a club or just at home. I am the same that I like to run laps and I may be changing the track to sport track as its classic at the moment and some of my cars stick in the slot.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi Rich,

I just run the cars at home with my kids or a couple of mates now and then. There is a club here (www.wascrg.com), I haven't been to one of their race nights for various reasons and I think there are a few of the guys here on the forum. From the pics I have seen they have some nice tracks and I think their new season is about to start in the next couple of weeks.

Matt

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nice track, especially given the space constraints. Do you have any trouble reaching cars when they de-slot in the far corners ?

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
You may want to check out Vecbtb's 4 x 8' track he built a couple of years ago for ideas. [click here for link]

Cheers!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Changed again!! Had another look at Vecbtb's build and have gone along similar lines. I like this as it drives nice and not too much for first scenery build.

Just need somemore R2, R3 inner and outer borders and barriers and also some straight bordersand barriers. If anyone has any they dont need any more I would be very interested.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I like your latest track which would look like it would be a pretty fast track, but I think I prefer your design in posts #6 & 7 which would make for more challenging racing. Like me you are limited for space.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi, just a quick update. Not done a lot really as trying a few ideas. I have noticed that some of my pics have gone so will try and sort that out.

In the planing stages

Flyover part built

Have trimed a couple of borders to fit

I need to remove most of it now so I can paint or cover the base board, not sure which yet. Then start a bit of moulding etc.

The pics that are missing are of the track I have decided on so no dramas. I was tidying my photo bucket up so thats why they have moved.

All pics back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks smallblockhero, yours also looks good. I like the narrow sections, saw some in a shop the other day and was comtemplating buying them for the straight at the front. Saying that I am looking at moving the garage around and doing a 4 lane version, maybe routed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts