SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@astro - this is a complete new bodyshell, just like the real thing. The problem was that the real Viper changed a while back, but of course it would have been foolish to try and put recent liveries on the older-style bodied car, which is why we have not seen any Viper releases lately. Now, with the new model completed, accurate models can be made of the latest real-life liveries.

Aaron

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
There are many improvements on this model compared to the original. It now represents the car in it's true form.

At last the myth of the Oreca will become a reality.

M

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Yes it has a full interior. I think it was one of the main reasons for the new car.

Among the upgraded features, you'll find :

- a full interior (it was the only FLY car wiythout that feature),
- front lights as used in 24h races (and yes they have to be yellow like they are on the model),
- a more detailed front bonnet (witness the different holes, especially the ones between the sides of front bonnet and the doors),
- an updated body (different rear wing, new air intakes and so on),
- exhaust pipes on a new place,
- working headlights.

I guess (though I'm not sure) that the chassis will be updated as well.

It should be great and I can't wait for more liveries !

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hmmm. The wheels look different too...solid as opposed to the ones with the open, hexogonal center like the Panoz has. i did not like the old spoke wheels, but I guess we all must start somewhere, eh?

-Maltese

·
Registered
549 Posts
@ Roadkill - yes, it is a full interior. The Team 07 set should be with us in a couple of weeks time, as will this new A84 which is needed to complete the Team 07 set.

@ Fastlucky - yes, it has a new chassis - in fact I have posted a complete list of its own specific spares here

Aaron

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
Not a bad looking model. Those front yellow lights look a bit odd (are they stuck on right?) and the bonnet stripes don't match up. The last Fly Viper is the best slotcar ever made in my book, and I'm sure this one will run like a rabbit on a rocket.

That rear wing looks delicate. I hope the spare one don't cost a bomb (but it probably will, knowing Fly).

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@screwneck - yes, your observations are quite correct on the lights and stripes, but to be fair to them they did rush this one through for me so that I would have some pictures for this forum. I would expect them to be more accurate with the real models. As for the rear wing, there are now two varients, prices and details here

Aaron

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.