SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,591 Posts
VMG=Can-Am?

Well, let's see... On my track I see an SCX Chaparral ( I know, I know, but it's highly modified) MRRC Chaparrals, Fly 908 and Fly 917s, Maxi-Model M6A and Lola T160, plus many derivatives made from their body kits, Top-Slot Ferrari 612, plus various scratch-builts. Soon to be added will be a Proto- Ferrari P4 and Lola T70. All these are in pretty good scale. I'm really fed up with the VMG cars that should compliment a collection that's been built up slowly and in some cases expensively...but don't. They just look wrong. I fear that these overscaled thingies will if anything dissuade Hornby, Fly et al from doing their own versions because the market's now covered.
That's my beef. I'll climb back in my flowerpot now.

· Registered
4,591 Posts
Hi

Could I draw your attention to a really interesting discussion about building F1s in scale, and appropriate sized motors that appeared in the 'Scratchbuilding' section of this forum a while ago? It was really helpful for me, and the sight of the new Beardog F1 chassis in there was a darn sight more exciting than this pregnant moose masquerading as, sob, a Lotus 72. Check it out, and everyone cheer mightily for Beardog.

· Registered
4,591 Posts
Hi

Could I draw your attention to a really interesting discussion about building F1s in scale, and appropriate sized motors that appeared in the 'Scratchbuilding' section of this forum a while ago? It was really helpful for me, and the sight of the new Beardog F1 chassis in there was a darn sight more exciting than this pregnant moose masquerading as, sob, a Lotus 72. Check it out, and everyone cheer mightily for Beardog.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.