SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up, Biberle!
BTW, it's perfectly OK to post a direct link as long as we don't swipe their pictures without their permission.

Slot Center Lotus

I DO hope it's not 1/28 scale.
But for this one car, I will break my self-imposed ban on non-1/32, if necessary - I think many people will - it is very special to many of us.

· Registered
5,404 Posts
You may be right, but remember the stripes, the stripes!
We are easily misled by these lovely little golden lines or lack thereof!
The car looks a little different at different angles too - broader in some than others.
Bestriped and car in sweaty paw is when to make judgements - maybe by Christmas?
Great!

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Just did a few hands on width checks on my motors!
Standard S - - - 19.8mm
Cheetah type - -20.2mm
SCX type - - - - -20.5mm
All surprisingly close and not massively significant.

I suspect, but wouldn't bet money on it, that the Slot Center pics have a plain plate to either cover the motor face or to disguise the fact that no motor is present in that car!

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Several weeks have gone by and I have now read a customer reaction to this car.

QUOTE Got one and don't like it. Really poor build quality.
Body is held on by one screw and 2 flimsy plastic bars that are part of the suspension assembly. The body sits higher off the chassis towards the back and is loose. The car ran like it was really bogged down as if the magnet was too strong. The motor shaft is actually sitting and rubbing on the magnet. Extreme wheel/axle wobble. Exhaust pipes on back were melted on badly misaligned because they don't have room to fit. I chose this one out of about 6 they had in stock. This was the best one if you can believe it.
Junk....I feel ripped off.

Maybe he was just unlucky . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.