SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here, but I've been an avid reader for a little while now. Had a Scalextric kit when I was a kid, but somewhere along the line it disappeared and life went on.

Was searching for a group activity for some of our car friends during winter, and decided to dip my toe back into slot car racing.

So far, I've built a table 13' x 5', and have hosted 4 different race nights with two groups. I've positioned it with our friends as 'poker night for car people'.

I change the circuit monthly and each racer changes cars each time to keep it fair. We are tracking the points after each race and will have a prize gifted at the end of the season (6 races). Races are 30 mins using the Scalextric Arc Pro app, and we have been running with tire wear and fuel usage to spice it up.

I've attached a couple pictures of the two different circuits we've run so far. The second one I call 'Mocktona' as I tried to make a basic Daytona'esque circuit.

Thanks for having me, and I look forward to learning more!
Urban design Building Art Symmetry Circle

Urban design Electricity Landscape Circle Sport venue

·
ParrotGod
9,867 Posts
Welcome on board.
Both layouts look both good.
I might prefer the first one over the second but that is not the point.
I like that you use tyres and fuel...that was the reason I started with digital.
So enjoy and let's see more layouts in the track section.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Cool! Track looks fun! I’m in 1:43 to keep cost down and it’s really just for the kiddo. I’m hoping NOT to go down the rabbit hole of digital. 😂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts