SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've done a practice oval routed track and to my amazement everything worked fine. In fact it was easier than I thought but then that's relative because I thought I'd have no chance. So now I'm onto a track I want to build, basically a single lane rally circuit. I was just wondering if there was a most preferred copper tape. The one I had for my practice attempt was ok but I really want to use a good quality one or the one most people prefer.
Thanks

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
got mine of ebay,it comes from china but is post free,took about a week and half to arrive.

Got 100 meters of 5mm with conductive backing for a bargain £11.

Just tap the ebay search function for 5mm copperfoil tape..

The tape is very high quality.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can confirm the tape from Creative was brilliant! Really easy to work with and so much better than the first tape I got off eBay. Hopefully there should be a photo attached of the track, not a bad first proper attempt even if I do say so myself. Still a few lessons to learn, especially on the routing side. If pic doesn't show, they're in my gallery. Cheers

·
Ian
99 Posts
Hi Groovelines69,
Looks like a whole lot of fun, especially the "Minis" I have added the photos into your post rather than have them as attachments, glad you liked the tape, Creative have always been good to me
It's nice to know it worked for someone else too.

Now Sheffield to Gainsborough isn't that far you know if you ever fancy a trip over to our club you'd be more than welcome, especially if you like twisty little tracks you'll love it....

See you soon

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha ha Ian, I know only too well the distance from Sheffield to Gainsborough, a round 70 miles and 3 hrs driving is just a bit too much at the moment tho, you won't remember but I used to turn up with my son Owen every week or so a couple of years back. Great fun and just as important was the knowledge of others. For the time being I'm on home projects but you might see me back there one day. 😄👍
Cheers
Gary

·
Ian
99 Posts
Gary, It's an age thing, "I don't forget anything - I just don't remember anymore!"

But yes I do remember you both coming over, it was a while back now wow so much has happened in that time, good to see you sticking with it

There is a Club which is probably more accessible to you Marple I have never been myself but I have only heard good things...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts