SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm. Inspired by the excellent cars featured on this thread I decided to have a go at one myself. I was hoping to use the HPI R32 or R34 chassis as a quick fix but neither was suitable enough for me to butcher so I settled on a Scaley Vectra, hence the wheels! I will get around to changing them eventually. I totally cheated and used the driver tray as well, but that was so I can experiment with the model cockpit which is a tub design. Because of the closeness (is that a word?) to the Vectra it handles like a Vectra... but is a bit quicker as it weighs a tad less. I am going to extend the rear wheel base slightly too as you can see from the photo I nave a bit of room to play with. I prefer to run my cars straight from the box with only minor adjustments anyway, but any advice for the next one would be helpful as I am building a VW Beetle based on my local rugby teams mascot!

Cheers
Phil

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n498/P...NZ/CIMG0423.jpg
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n498/P...NZ/CIMG0424.jpg

·
David J
3,182 Posts
It's like a Vectra in a posh frock, nice.
Where's the body from?

Is the Beetle classic or modern? Both versions are availbale RTR so you should have no problems finding a car to convert.
Is your local rugby team's mascot a Beetle or something that looks like a Beetle? Can't see them driving a Beetle onto the field before every game....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a remarkably good fit. Very minor trimming of the chassis and I was away! I like the idea of the posh frock...The body is an Arii kit from Japan. I have quite a few and some are really nice kits. I was surprised when I offered up the R32 and R34 HPI chassis' at the difference in the wheelbase. But thanks for looking at my pics and commenting.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Beetle is a classic so it should be easy enough to mount. Yeah it is a Beetle and it IS driven onto the outfield every match. The team is the Manawatu Turbos and the mascot is called Turby which I guess is a play on Herbie but I'm not sure which came first... When I finish it I'll put some pics up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts