SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having received the PCS32 chassis from Sean, here are my first attempts at the scratchbuilding game. A bit predictable I'm afraid - Airfix TR4 and DB5 kits become Scaley TR4a replica and Marshal car respectively - Mk1 Jag is from the omethirtysecond range. Here they are at home on the "Goodwood" circuit.

The new chassis is really adaptable, and overall the results are better than I had imagined for a complete "amateur".

Just realised that I can't see an attachments option - any advice appreciated.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
QUOTE (KevinS @ 20 Nov 2004, 16:28)Just realised that I can't see an attachments option - any advice appreciated.

Kevin
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kevin,

You will have to sign up to a service like photobucket.com, upload your pics to there and then link to them. Alternatively email me them ([email protected]) and I'll get them up for you. TR4 seems to be in vogue at the moment!

Coop

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Coopdevil @ 20 Nov 2004, 16:40)QUOTE (KevinS @ 20 Nov 2004, 16:28)Just realised that I can't see an attachments option - any advice appreciated.

Kevin
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kevin,

You will have to sign up to a service like photobucket.com, upload your pics to there and then link to them. Alternatively email me them ([email protected]) and I'll get them up for you. TR4 seems to be in vogue at the moment!

Coop
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

E-mailing now. Thanks!

Kevin

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (JohnP @ 20 Nov 2004, 17:46)Fabulous KevinS
Maybe you (via Coop!) could show us more of your Goodwood track too? Looks top notch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks John (and coop). Will post a few snaps later - it's a loft track (as you can probably tell) and has all the limitations that go with roof rafters!. Still, we've managed to make a very popular track ( I get invaded by half the kids in the street on a reguar basis).

Kevin

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Excellent scratchbuilds and a great looking circuit.

David

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Is it my imagination or has scratchbuilding blossomed as of late?
Rhetorical question....

Nice stuff, Kevin!
And yes, let's see more of the track too!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the comments!

Am sending Coop some track pics as requested.

This is (more or less) an attempt to capture the Goodwood circuit as it is today. No conventional barriers (but lots of tyre walls with a thick, black rubber protective barrier in front of the tyres).

Goodwood is my "local" circuit and I drive there a couple of times a year, and as you can see, it's captured my imagination. As most of you will know, Goodwood was the place that Scalextric chose to model the early buildings. Ditto the famous picket fencing. You can still see alot of this stuff today.

Not sure when the photos will get posted, but thanks again to Coop

Kevin

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
QUOTE (astro @ 21 Nov 2004, 14:16)Great work Kevin, and looking forwards to seeing the track pics too!
Dave
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good timing Astro, I've just posted them.

I've added a new topic to the Tracks and Scenery board rather than post them here where they would be a little bit off-topic

Coop

1 - 14 of 14 Posts