SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

First post on this forum but like many others I have been an avid reader of this forum and have already picked up loads of useful tips.
I am in the process of planning a new digital track in my loft using Scalextric track, and as its going to be a permanent track I would like to get the design right before I start building.
My first stumbling block is the position of the advanced 6 car power base.
Would you put this in the middle of the pit area i.e. each time you pitted no lap would be recorded, or would you place it before or after the pit entry/exit.
I will be using the pit lane game so drivers will have to pit each race at least once.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts opinions.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hi and welcome.

I would place the powerbase before or after but not in the middle unless you are going to get your pit game upgraded to pitpro (see link in my signature) and use it with a PC.

I have mine as a start finish and pit exit with my pitpro sensing pit entry.

It is also best to place it near the end of a straight or in a braking zone not too soon after a bend.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
If the start/finish is in the middle of the pit lane, you can simply place the 'check' to 'add lap once refuled'. Or, if the start/finish is before or after the pit lane, then you don't have to do anything as laps would be counted when you cross the start/finish line.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
QUOTE (ss67 @ 20 Jan 2012, 14:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It is also best to place it near the end of a straight or in a braking zone not too soon after a bend.
I second that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts