SlotForum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The top toy manufacturer 'Fisher-Price' yesterday released their first slot car !

In secret? - I haven't even seen a hint before seeing this in a Swiss Toy Shop. Do you guys Stateside know more about it?

Aimed at the younger generation as is 90% of the Fisher-Price Range, the info sheet included states it will run on any 1/32 scale track available today, is designed to run at 12Volts and is a soft plastic compound safe for children over 4 years of age.

Here are the first pics, more when I get time to take it apart but it seems like us parents won't have to risk our best cars on the kids anymore, especially as the price converts to less than 30 Euros per

I tell you this runs WELL! I am glad it is a soft bouncy plastic coz this car is going to be talking to alot of walls

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Oh, the Possibilities!!

Er..that front wheel looks suspiciously like a FLY racing truck front wheel to me.

April 1st is tomorrow for UK

If it is a real slot car then we'd better get Inte one hadn't we?

Mark.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yeah verily! that wouldst be a battle royal! Sir Inte of Tweek pitted against ****..Lord of Nerf!! Twould be the sport of kings, and a tale of great legend!! Such would be the length of thine rebound off yon wall!

Mark.
aka Baron Difflock de Capri, (S)witch finder General to the world of the slot.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I'm sure we had battle royal at staffs eh ****? No repeat performance this weekend!

Lookin forward to this... bring on the challenge!

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Ummm...Just needs some Jagermeister decals.....

Regards

Alan

PS Is it true that "The Early Learning Centre" are bringing out a rival version?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Just wait til Mr P gets his callipers on that one! aaron you gonna distribute these `toys` or is it a scale model?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
"My back axel is bent!"

"No, no... that's the only straight thing about the car" (you could take that two ways, I meant both...)

What a complete pile of jelly. What is their motive for bringing that out, other than to give difflock and graham something to do...
lol

Saying that a league would be fun to set up... just to see how many people bothered to set up a car, I mean, wobbly piece of carp...

Anyway, is that a Torino wannabe stripe on the side? I think it's high, when was the last time you saw a face like that? That's right.... Uni... lol

Lotus

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Difflock - Damn, that was fast with the Fly truck wheel! and I thought it was an obscure enough angle to last awhile.

However it IS a real slot car albeit NOT made by Fisher-Price.

One of the guys at Slotters built it for a fun race. Here are the other two pics and YES it really does run very well

Sorry Lotus3, does not seem to be your day for spotting the wind up ehh?
still at least you got to edit one post early enough

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
man, i'm so fricking gullable...

I'm not usually this bad, but in fairness i did read them both at about 1 in the morning...

*sulks back into a corner*

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
The only reason that you didn't fall for them is 'cos you were asleep! They had all been given away by the time your mum woke you up...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts