SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a new member of your forum, although I have been sneaking in for a wee lookie at photos and tips for a while.

I live near Aberdeen in Scotland.

I'm a middle aged old buffer and my slot cars and mannies all belong to my seven-year-old son.

I'm very impressed with the standard of projects posted in your site and only wish I had the skill and/or patience to try similar.

Happy
hogmanay

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
QUOTE Foos yer doos?
QUOTE mannies
Ahem. Is this an English language board?

Welcome out of the lurking shadows, Spender.

·
Ewan McKen
1,448 Posts
Aye chavvin awa.

Fit like yersel?

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Sorry, we've reached the limit of my Aberdonian, but I'm fine thanks.

This year, as always, I got an Our Wullie annual (every other year it is a Broons book). Years ago I showed one to a Geordie mate who spent ages reading it then announced he had never heard of this Geordie cartoon strip before. You see, to him the Scots read exactly as Geordie!

Anyway, back to the mince pies...

·
Ewan McKen
1,448 Posts
Scott,

To really appreciate your Oor Wullie Annual, you should ditch the Mince Pies and have a deep fried Mars Bar.

Ewan.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Good grief! Our local fish and chips shop has deep-fried Mars bars... yum!

Och nay, am I turning Scottish?

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
Don't whatever you do Fergy, buy a kilt, I would hate you to have frozen extremities!...

Welcome to the Forum Spender, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for that,
I'm just recovering from the New year now.
back to work on Monday so I can earn some money to pay for some more wee cars and mannies for my layout in the loft

I'm not posting any photos. I've seen your layouts and I think I've a heap of work to do. The whole thing is currently covered in plaster of paris landscaping. And so am I. It's a messy business.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Spender, yes it is a messy job but I would love to see your track in progress. I really missed out by not taking pictures of my track as it was being built.

Ron

·
Registered
911 Posts
aberdeen hey? my nan used to live there. they still got that awsome RC car track there?!?! i used to love watching races there when i was a kid!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Skeeter,

I remember there used to be some RC racing in Stonehaven but I have never seen it and I'm not sure if its still up and going.

Synth,
I work in Dyce. I used to go offshore regularly when I worked for Sparrows. Some of those platforms in Ewan's link were home from home.

I remember seeing a platform had a track set up. I can't remember which one. Is it yours?

·
Ewan McKen
1,448 Posts
Spender,

One of the Alba Platforms had a Scalextric Track.

Regards,
Ewan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts