SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.can you fit scalextric guides to scx cars. if you can how do you do it .mart ( THE SCX COPPER BRAIDS NOT VERY GOOD ON COPPER TAPED SCALEXTRIC DIGITAL TRACK)

·
Circuit Owner
5,890 Posts
If the copper braids are the problem why not simply replace the braids on your SCX guide with braid from a scalextric guide? It's a simple job and easier than replacing a guide into a mount it wasn't designed for.

I'm finding it a little hard to believe copper braid on a copper tape is the problem. Have you checked the braids are flat, clean (use lighter fluid or similar to clean them) and making good physical contact with the tape? Try bending the braids down slightly.

·
Greg Gaub
14,651 Posts
I agree, it's not the braids or the SCX guide.
If anything, it's the "tines" that touch the back of the guide not making reliable and consistent contact.
I've had to take a pair of needle-nose pliers to a couple of my SCX cars to make the tines flat, but also more springy so that the contact is more consistent.
A wipe with an INOX infused swab doesn't hurt, either. The same trick works wonders on flickering SCX lights as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts