SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So then, the scene is set, the marquees are erected and currently getting soaked to their canvas skins as the rain lashes down on them this fine Saturday evening.

But no matter, the BMC Family Sportscar Day at Castle Combe this Sunday will play host to the FLBT HO circuit as one of the attractions on the AC Cobra Replica Club's stand at this event.

Those that know me would normally have expected a photo to back up this post, but seriously, it was that wet we just ran back to the cars once we'd finished and found the nearest hostelry for a fine pie & pint.

If anyone fancies popping along to this event near Chippenham in Wiltshire then admission is free and opens to the public at 10:00.
There promises to be approximately 150+ cars on show and will be celebrating 50 years of the AC Cobra, the Lotus Elan, the MK1 Cortina and the Triumph Spitfire.

Here's a PistonHeads Thread...

...And HERE.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Just heading off now, and do you know, I think it's brightening up.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, what a day it turned out to be...

I see no point repeating everything on here, so if you'd like to, take a look at the Cobra Replica Club site forum and enjoy.

...As they say, bad start, good finish

·
Registered
730 Posts
I always enjoy spreading the word about this great hobby, it's something we do a lot at FLBT and on this occasion, boy did we get something back.

First here is the slotty bit, andyslots great portable HO track again introducing folk to life beyond the homeset. These type of events are different to the swapmeet types in that a lot of these people often have no idea there is a racing community before they meet us, it's brilliant.

What made this day different was the promise of passenger laps in dragraps Dax Tojero Cobra, here is said driver with cliveharland and andyslots (smile says it all)

I had waited a long time to get off the spectator banks and on to this track and it did not dissapoint, thanks Robin.

here is roblees returning from his ride in another Cobra

There was such an eclectic turn out, some fast, some beautiful, some just loved it is hard to show in a post like this but these two pictures sort of sum it up. All I will say if you are anywhere near Castle Coombe next year and you love cars, come along.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts