SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very kindly, Pete and Jay.

Pete. I was a vendor at the show the selling mostly Hot Wheels in the first corner on the left side of the entrance as you walked in. I was there all day. We could have met. Hopefully we can meet at the next show.

I bought some 1/32 static kits as well for future builds. All in the name of fun. (y)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thank you very kindly, Pete and Jay.

Pete. I was a vendor at the show the selling mostly Hot Wheels in the first corner on the left side of the entrance as you walked in. I was there all day. We could have met. Hopefully we can meet at the next show.

I bought some 1/32 static kits as well for future builds. All in the name of fun. (y)
It was odd wearing the masks, I had to identify myself to a couple guys who I knew:). If only it had been one day later.

I bought a 1/32 Mercedes Benz 450SL kit from the guy on the inside of the corner where you were. Also bought my first NSR and ScaleAuto cars, along with a Slot.it Lancia - all 3 for $60 (they were each missing their rear wing and had some other cosmetic racing "bruises" but well worth $20 a piece for the motors, wheels and gears alone. I have some HO stuff from when I was a kid and I pick up the odd HO car, however, I wasn't really looking that close at HO stuff this time around.

Peter

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice looking Matra, AngloCanadian.

I was also there in 2020 as a vendor with my silly Hot Wheels. We probably all nodded hello at some point. I'll create a post a little earlier for the next show so we can all find each other and shoot the breeze.

I'm the only Ken in Group-25. Just ask around for the slot car guy in the static model building club. I was also wearing a Group-25 red club shirt.

Next show in September. There will also be a model building contest. The guys keep bugging me to get other builders to enter slot cars. I am not allowed to enter the contest since I'm a member. Such is life.

Cheers,
Ken

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice gaggle of cars, Pete.

You and my brother Luis have the same Airfix Ferrari 250LM kit.

Some friends (Cindy & Marty) often go 1/32 kit hunting for me. Marty dropped this in my lap for mere coffee money. Considering the kit was made in the 60's. It's mint!

A 420R will get created one of these days.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Product Plastic Automotive design Metal Motor vehicle

·
Registered
264 Posts
Do they make those kits in 1:64? :) I'd seriously be interested. I am placing an order for some of the Dash Motorsports bodies that arrive in pieces. Curious what I can do.

In the first picture, there is a strange white car. Any more pictures of it? What is it?

Flea market sounds like fun!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello CBWho,

The picture at the very top are two Aurora versions of the Bill Thomas Cheetah.

The other white car eight pics down on the first post is a 1973 AFX Aztec dragster.

Which do you want more pics of? I'll gladly post more.

Ken

·
Registered
264 Posts
Dash sells a Charger, Camaro that has separate chrome pieces. My son likes the McLaren. I also ordered a bunch of wheel sets (they are only $2 and that includes 2 rims, 2 tires, and an axle!). I'm thinking of printing or buying sticker sheets.

Where can I download/buy racing inspired sticker or decal sheets?

I also plan to paint or marker in small details.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts