SlotForum banner

Fly 2004 Catalogue - An interest of note !

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  LMP 
#1 ·
Received the latest Fly catalogue last weekend, and I must say it looks very nice and glossy like the previous one's. I was disappointed not to see any pictures of the new shapes announced at the Nurnberg toy fair, but that aside there are some tasty models to look forward too.

My main point of interest and the reason for this thread was when I reached page 20 I came across the re-emergence of the snake skinned venturi first pictured in catalogue 1.

It must hit the people hard in the chest who paid a three figure sum last year for the fake version.

I just wonder if it will be the same 'A' number as before.

M

See less See more
#2 ·
I think it is meant to be roof tiles, not snake skin. Less exotic, but more in keeping with the sponsor.

Still, you could start a trend for animal skinned slot cars. Panther Panoz, Tiger TVRs, Ferret Ferraris...

Any other suggestions?

Scott

Oh, just thought - Panda Porsches!

#6 ·
What are you boys sniffing?

I'm pleased that Venturi is back on the schedule, it was one I dearly wanted back then. I have to say though, now I'll wait to actually see it before I decide whether to buy it or not - once upon a time I would have just preordered blind but that was seven Venturi ago and I'm not certain I need an eighth.

#11 ·
A fair number of these animal-skin related schemes are also available in your local clothing store so why not:

Shell Suit Subaru
The "man at Millets" Marcos (eh - Dwayne?)
Paisley Porsches
Tartan Toyotas
Denim Dino's
Pin Stripe Panoz
Corduroy Corvette - for the teachers amongst us

….or not!

Jamie

#14 ·
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 14 Apr 2004, 18:20)Hey! I have a cracker!

Lister Cows! would go down a treat!

Oh---yeah they already did that.

Have you ever played (ToCA) World Touring Cars on the old PSX (PS1)?

The Nissan Primera in the British championship had a cow livery, the sponsor was Freisan Racing or something.

Sorry, a trip down memory lane........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.