SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
1,153 Posts
Few there for me, the 911S' and the 934.

I'll take the BMW 3.0s if they are the correct bodyshape for the liveries. And IF the Datsun ever appears il grab the LM version.

And il probably add the Colin Legacy too, just to go with our McRae Subaru.

Simon

· Premium Member
5,694 Posts
Isn’t the Renault 5 Turbo a new one, too?

Sierras and Legacies will be hard to resist, even though QC has completely gone out of the window and my recent Quattros are static models only as a result of rubbish wheels and gears.

Although as Legacies and Sierras have been on the menu for a couple of years at least, and the Toleman for about 10 years, so I won’t hold my breath.

· Registered
2,806 Posts
The Renault 5gt turbo was shown before Christmas, this is the original little narrow body one, plenty of liveries available.
The Sierra Sapphire Cossies a nice move, plenty of liveries again, never liked the Sapphire in period.
I'll be putting my name down for the London/Sydney 911.
Apparently according to the nscc magazine the 906 LH is still proposed.

· Premium Member
7,871 Posts
There is quite literally nothing new here, is there? Mould-wise?? 🤔

I mean, they've been off my radar for many a year now but, this is disappointing cake iced with disappointment and delivered in a disappointing way.

Mind, the video kinda works in that I had, pretty much, forgotten about them so Jim Kerr's admonishment is fitting. :cool:

Question: how long until the copyright police get that taken off (of) YouTube?🤔

· Registered
2,806 Posts
Good or bad, Fly were IMHO responsible for the start of the improvement of slot car detailing many years ago, so eternal thanks to them for that.
Ninco also came on board showing that a flat chassis handled well.

We are indeed fortunate that the likes of Policar/Slot it and Scaleauto are accurate and handle well, TS and NSR are slotified and go like stink, Carrera and Scaley make very nice bodyshells that can have a decent chassis fitted.

Of all the brands I think SCX were a great mixture of interesting subjects, reasonably priced, accurate representations and handled well, looking forward to there continued renaissance.

· Premium Member
7,871 Posts
Good or bad, Fly were IMHO responsible for the start of the improvement of slot car detailing many years ago...
That's very true and, I suspect, responsible for a good many of us mature (picture air quotes around that one) collectors/racers becoming enthused about our favourite childhood toy again. But with disposable income.

It's just... why, why, WHY, the front-engine, rear-wheel drive nonsense!? 🤷‍♂️

Rhetorical.

· Premium Member
5,694 Posts
The motor goes where it went in the 1:1 car... except when it doesn't. For that very reason the Fly Abath Punto S2000 is a gem, as it's got an inline long can slap in the middle of the chassis with a tray interior. Lovely.

And the Quattros very definitely don't have the motor in front of the front axle. Which was a good thing. Until they forgot how to assemble them.

Grrrrr.

· Premium Member
7,871 Posts
And are the Quattros, you know... quattro?? I guessed not.

Stuckie, yes, I get that... but why? These are slot cars and, first and foremost, are made to run in a....

Aren't they?

Anyhoo, since I was thinking this 2023 list a load o' crud and full of shizzle they said they were doing in previous years and that might make good fodder for an podcast , I went a Googlin' and amongst the ancient posts I found was one where one of the head honchos had reportedly talked of even making model racing cars in the future.

Imagine!

Models of cars... you could race. Actually race. 🤔

But that idea obviously got a bit lost*. Along with the suggestion they'd do lights on the navigator's notes, remember that one? And cars with engine noises? I don't think that happened, either. Went the way of the motorbike sidecars they once dangled, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

No, to me Fly Car Model are purveyors of magnets you can race; magnets wrapped in very pretty models of car bodies. Very pretty bodies. Which is to say, I'm still tempted by a 250 GTO.:rolleyes:

*Yes, they did do a few cars with reworked 'racing' chassis but to the best of my knowledge not many and not in racing liveries.

· Registered
2,254 Posts
Ah yes the Surtees TS19 makes perfect sense. Rubbish car in its time but LOTS of liveries spanning 3 years and many drivers. I'm sure it will be based on the same chassis as the ubiquitous March 761.
Which is good news for me and all the fans of Policar powered F1 cars!

Who doesn't love a 'durex' sponsored car anyway!

Andi

1 - 20 of 36 Posts