Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lenny Broke
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'Day
I have a couple of fly 917's (K & PA). I find the way the motor pod screws up to the rear body post a bit of pain.
Has anybody glued the motor pod to the chassis pan to make it a one piece unit?
If so was there any plus or negative for doing so.
Cheers, Lenny

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
dont do it!!!!

the pod allows you to lower the rear of the car so the magnet is closer to the track, and also lowers the cog!

Rob.

·
Lenny Broke
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G'Day Rob
Thanks for the reply
I only use the magnets to hold my club calendar onto the fridge door ,so no worries about that

however I'm not sure what you mean when you say the pod allows the rear of the car to be lowered and lowers the cog.
Cheers Lenny

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
the rear wheels are on the pod, if you undo the screw, the chassis connected to the body stay as is, gravity pulls it down, loosening the screw then lets the main part of the chassis go lower and the wheels go up into the arches. undo the screw or take it out, put the body on and put it on the track, the rear will now be much much lower

Rob.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

I beg to disagree! I have been doing quite well for the last few years with these cars. Having 6 917s and 6 Lola T70s, another dozen or so 908s. In every case, they worked better by agressively gluing down the pod AND the bushings and replacing the sub axles with a solid wire axle.

Prof.Fate

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Is that with or with out magnets Fate,I have always run these tight but with the magnet as close to the rail as I can get,tyres trued ,reduced in diameter.and a solid axle but with the front tyres just clear of the track by a few thou .

Graham

1 - 7 of 7 Posts