SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
G

·
QUOTE (uksqueezea @ 25 Jan 2005, 13:36)Didn't take much notice initially,
but apparently this car is driven by Mr. Nobody.

The one's i have seen also have a very bad picture on the box, which looks like it has been taken with a very cheap digital camera, fly could have put a driver figure in the car, or put a figure standing by the car, like they have done with a lot of there other collectable's

Geoff

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Ninco "road" cars always have drivers, and so should everyone elses!

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
QUOTE (Scott @ 25 Jan 2005, 18:55)Next you'll be demanding they put the motor in the same place as the real engine....
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[Sarcasm] Yeah! Right! [/Sarcasm]

Anyway ,why did Fly mount the motor in the 917 transversely? Not very true to the real car, is it? If you consider the armature as the crankshaft that is!

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
As soon as they put the guide where it is on the real car...

and don't forget your super-competitive Fly 911 again this week.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Everybody sing-'He's a real nowhere man, sitting in his nowhere land, making all his.....well you get the idea, and for the younger crowd,once upon a time there was this musical group called the "Beatles", ask your mother, really, your mother should know.

Convention be sent to blazes, If I'm paying, I want drivers. I have 2 fly road convertible 'vettes with drivers, a few Carrera non race cars with non race figures driving. The civilian liveries from Scalextric that I have only have helmeted drivers (Mr. Blobbie Head, driver extrordinare) , but it is better than nothing.

My point is it is only an excepted convention if you except it as such. I keep getting told that Auto Art is adding drivers to it's driverless cars in the future, I presume this is in response to customer demand, I'm certain they considered this feature before marketing the cars.

I can only hope that they add drivers, resulting in increased sales. These actions will be followed by other manufacurers wanting to increase their sales. Once the figures are in production , they will use them to absorb the development costs and to remain competitive with other cars using driver figures. Then we will no longer have to discuss the missing drivers, we will only discuss why they all look the same.

Finding civilian drivers is problematic, I keep finding the same two fly figures easily, again and again, but no others. I realise the demand is weak , but that doesn't prevent me from wanting the stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts