SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
As a follower of the 2004 FIA GT and 2004 LMES series I am delighted that FLY have made the VitaPhone liveried Saleen. The 1:1 car has been driven with such style, the 1:32 car is almost a 'must have'.

The point at issue for me, is not that they have made this alternate livery, but that they have made it with the release number of a previously announced car. Personally I would have preferred the VitaPhone car had been issued its' own catalogue number, with the A261 designation being held open until such time that licensing (or other issues) had been resolved - A15 Venturi or A84 Viper anyone?

With reference to the 'limited edition' BMW.... It's FLY's choice to charge what they want..... and my choice not to buy it.... (in the UK at the very least....)

-Rob

·
Registered
752 Posts
QUOTE BTW, who noticed that the mirrors were of the wrong type ?

I did... I am *THAT* sad

The later Saleens, generally 2003 and later, have 'gull wing' type mirrors mounted near the 'A' pillar, very similar to the mirrors fitted to the road going Saleens. The earlier mirrors are mounted on stalks above the front wheel arch, as FLY have modelled them.... There are actually two types of the 'stalk' mirrors too... but we're NOT going there

I will admit to having been musing about fitting the later correct type mirrors to the VitaPhone Saleen when I get it, together with the correct wheels

-Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts