SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
I checked with Fly on Friday about the change of model for the A261, and they informed me that they were forced to change to due to licensing difficulties with the sponsors on the Le Mans 2001 car.

QUOTE Fly should respect the number of collectors of Le Mans cars who are again bitterly disappointed at the constant change in production. How long can Fly afford to keep ignoring the customers and making cars that are of very limited interest at a premium price, and not producing models they have advertised for production ?
Constant change? Sorry, but this comment is unsubstantiated and an exaggeration.
Very Limited Interest? this Saleen model has already overtaken sales of many of the others yet has only been in the shops for two weeks.

However, I will admit that this is not the first time that Fly have changed the livery or the reference number of a particular model - having said that, they are not the only company to ever do it so the title to this thread is a little heavy handed. Fly were given the choice to cancel the number completely or use it for another model, and personally I think the Valencia Saleen is a great looking car, and I am not usually a Saleen fan.

QUOTE Of course, the quoted price of the forthcoming E684 BMW (that has no reason to be a limited edition other than Fly want to try and make more money) has nothing to do with losing more interest in the brand.

Sorry Gary, I don't follow this statement at all. There is no reason for any car to be a limited edition than the fact that the manufacturer wants it to be, so I do not understand what point you are trying to make. However, I am always happy to take any issues up with the manufacturers on his or anyone elses behalf.

Aaron

·
Registered
549 Posts
For those members who may not be sure what this thread is referring to, here is the car Fly originally announced as A261, Saleen Le Mans 2001 :

And here is the actual car released, the Saleen Valencia 2004:

Aaron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.