SlotForum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
The Marcos appears to be an additional car from what was announced earlier this year. The Viper, if it is the A207, which is listed, looks to be a different version (which doesn't come as a shock).

M

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there!

The Marcos looks great, I think however it would look better lit. Hmmm, looks at Overdrive permanent light kit..

Best I go buy a hot glue gun then! Watch this space.

Oh, of course the Viper is gorgeous too imo, but you already knew I was going to say that huh

Julian.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That Marcos does look rather impressive... The FLY versions never look as 'dramatic' in 1/32 though. Maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
543 Posts
not just you. the 1:1 car looks about seven feet wide and maybe two feet tall at the front. FLY car looks about six feet wide and two and a half feet tall.

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Bugger!

A Buggyra!

Alfa looks good too!

Mr.M (I.I.C.M.D.S.F.C.)

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
Yes, Fly's Marcos never scales down the mean profile of the real car. Now if only they'd give it a makeover and upgrade like the recent Viper, those Spanish maestros would have the best slotcar ever made. Will this model be the one?

Anyway, why are Fly releasing two more red 'lookalike' Alfas? Hardly worthwhile, surely?

Nuro, isn't that Viper the same as the old Fly A83 with a No.91 on the roof? Don't say that Fly are going to start going back through the catalogue giving us the same cars all over again? That would break my bank

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Regarding the Marcos, Fly's rendition of the Mantara is accurate, save that the one pictured is actually another Mantara, let's call it "evo". The "evo" is indeed much wider and possibly lower than the first Mantara which appeared for the first time in 1995.

If the Mantara was raced in the BPR and later in the GT-FIA series, the "evo" was deemed illegal and didn't race in the FIA-GT championship.

It is not the 1st time that FLY is bringing liveries of "evo"'s. The black and orange one was also an evo, as well as those which were raced in the spanish cahmpionship (a white one and a Repsol one).

Among the later releases, the red one from the Spa 24 hours and the two silver and black ones from the Belcar championship were indeed the 1st version of the Mantara.

Regarding the Alfa, I think there will be a 3d one since they are releasing a team set and another apart from that set.

Now, for the Viper, the #91 is the winning car from the Daytona 24hours, so it deserves a release I think. Two other Vipers were announced for that month, one unknown and a white and silver one which raced in the FIA-GT championship. I croos my fingers that it hasn't been scrapped ...

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
I echo the lament that Fly continue to tout the old Marcos body in the new liveries. The new one is a beast and deserves modelling accurately.

Mr Material, I despair. Really, I do.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Marcos and Viper for me-those little trucks dont look half as impressive as a huge Fly Mercedes Truck. The Alfa 156 on those pictures is already out isn't it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts