SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Hi all,

When Fly first started to roll out their March 761 and Williams Grand Prix cars, I decided only to purchase a couple examples of each.
However, as time moves on, I find that I want to collect all of them
. I now have 11 cars to go!!!!
Due to financial constraints (and the excellent new Lotus/Williams/March releases
) I cannot go out a buy them all straight away and so this will be a process that takes a couple of years. While the Williams cars are still easiliy available and most of the 761's come up on E-pay and events such as the Orpington show, I have not seen the Peterson two car set for sale. (To be fair, Electric Dreams have it but by the time shipping is added to the UK the price starts to edge towards a silly number plus one!) Is this set very rare? Should I expect to pay loads for it?

Of the others it would appear that the Jagermeister and Peterson Museum (multi coloured) versions are the most expensive single cars. Does anyone think it likely that Fly will re-issue any of the cars or are the numbers limited to those already out there?

Any thoughts or therapy suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Philip

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Hi Philip

Strangely i've been having a similar thought but decided against it in the end as you say 'for financial reasons'.

Actually the only one's I have are the Peterson set. I bought the last one I could find from slotrail.com.

Good luck with it.

Andi

Ps given we seem to have the same obsession with'70's F1 i'd love to see your collection or at least a list.... Why not do a photo thread to show us your grid.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Philip

I tend to share your feelings about the Fly F1 cars, I am not shure that I am ever going to have them all, but no harm done in trying.

The March set you mentioned is for sale on Ebay at the moment.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200674067848?ssP...984.m1436.l2649

Same seller has a number of other March'es.

I have the set allready, so I am not going to press the price upwards.

Keld

I second Andy's suggestion, lets see some pictures of your grid.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Isn't it the way, just as I post that some of the cars are a bit hard to find, some come up for sale!!!?

I am away for a few days this week, but when I am back I shall put together a few pictures of my cars to give a flavour of my collection. (I have over 180 cars in total and about half of these are F1 cars from the 1970's and 1980's.)

Cheers,
Philip

·
Registered
227 Posts
QUOTE (Philip P @ 11 Nov 2011, 17:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Of the others it would appear that the Jagermeister and Peterson Museum (multi coloured) versions are the most expensive single cars.

That would be about my luck, I bought the Jagermeister car when they first came out and ratted it to build my Monoplace Brabham. I still have the body in my junk box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts