Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!

I'm interested to find out what everybody thinks with regard to the price of the forthcoming Fly Corvette Cabriolet A561? It is available now for pre-order at GetSlotted for £45.95.

Now of course thanks to the excellent reward scheme GetSlotted offer you can take off your 10% and figure paying £41.35 but is this too much for a slot car?

I have been looking forward to this one for quite a while and have pre-ordered but I have to say that I wasn't expecting it to be quite so much. I really like the Fly cars and don't mind a bit of tuning but this time the paintwork needs to be fine and dandy if they want my dosh. If there is any quality issues it will be returned.

Do we all expect to see these on the bargain shelves in months to come or do you think this one will fly off the shelves?

Cheers,

slik.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I was talking to the boys at Getslotted earlier today and the subject of this car came up, as well as the Fly GT40.

The view was that a car with a girl in always sells although an exception would be Carrera's Ford Thunderbird '56 "...someone roaming the streets wants me". Carrera made the mistake of putting a hardtop on this car so Lola's assets were not readily visible. Many owners of this car have removed the roof.

Now the Fly is a car with 2 girls in.

It really is down to how pretty the girls are!

Would you part with your money if they looked like MRRC's Carrol Shelby?

Moped

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
£45 is wayyyy too much for a car fo this type.
Without lights and any other mod cons
I dont think any car is worth £45 unless it is a limited edition or to very high levels of detail and runs so much better than the fly vettes do.

I feel they will fall in price and I know if I am to get one I know where I will get one from!!

Inte

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hi Slik,

I would go for it mate, look great alongside your other collectors cars

£42:00 isn't that much over your regular budget, especially compared to your Vipers

Also my opinion for what its worth, I doubt that this one will reduce in price for a while, quite a desirable and unique model.

Wondering whether it will be a fancy box, or normal crystal jobbie?

All the best, Jamie.

P.S. - Inte noticed you keep teasing in a couple of posts; with reference to obtaining cars at rock bottom prices... care to share?...

...yeah right*...

* Tormenting us with how you obtain dodgy goods... is evil

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
sure..

this guy (In Wrexham Butchers Market) sells sport mini's at 28 quid.. he's willing to give me a few more quid off, he has Flies? and crystal case AMG Merc maked up at 25 quid..

anything you want me to get for ya?
see he can order them, I can get them you can buy them at my cost.. + P+P obviously!

Inte

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Price..

You ALL know my view so I will shut up and get me coat.

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Argh!

It's like being in amongst all those whineing yanks again!

Man, I dread to think of the vitriol pouring forth on THAT forum when they get this one stateside.

But actually, I agree this time. That is too much for a silly car like this one: not a race livery, just one for the anoraks. Fools and there money....

Oops! Opened my big mouth again.

Swiss, I think you got my coat there.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
QUOTE £45 is wayyyy too much for a car of this type.
I agree absolutely, though of course it all depends on one's personal budget and the strength of your desire. But I cannot see any reasonable excuse for it to be so high.

I LOVE the car, but I will not pay that price under any circumstances - it would make me an accessory to what I see as profiteering. Over-priced cars generally come down to more reasonable levels in time and those that don't will be overlooked by those like me, who can't buy them ALL and so plump for the more reasonably priced models.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Is that a retail price fixed by Fly or just the shop anticipating the demand?

Are there any other places that have this car on pre-order?

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
Pendles price for the A561 is £43.00 thats £5 under the list price set by the distrbutors.
Pre-orders are accepted, but please remember Fly don't have a great track record of releasing their cars on time. I have pre-orders for the Fly GT40 dating back 18months question is will they still want them????

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Sean, I think Fly have missed the boat quite literally with the GT40's.. money might be going their way if they produce the beemers at a sensible price.

For the amount of money, I would expect fully working lights, electric canvas roof that folds up and down, a car that works out the box, is prepped so it runs properly AND comes with a full technical support team from Fly to fix it when it breaks and extra mirrors, those technical people should be like the person who was at the carrera stand in nurenburg

Then I might just consider paying but.. then again!

Inte

·
Premium Member
1,628 Posts
Rob, i don't think much money from the BMW's is going Fly's way at the moment. They are available from mine and other sites around the Uk for under £20.
Interestingly the retail price of the standard Gt40's has been set by Gaugemaster the Uk distributor for Fly at £39.95 an extra £5 if you want one with lights. Can't see an extra £20 worth of detailing over the Scalex version. It would be nice to see Fly review their price structure a little so that they don't have to dump out unsold models 3 months later for a fraction of the origional cost. Ok if you want a cheap racer!

·
Registered
714 Posts
QUOTE It would be nice to see Fly review their price structure a little so that they don't have to dump out unsold models 3 months later for a fraction of the origional cost.
I guess this has got to be very tough on the dealers.
Where, with only a little patience, the retail customer eventually gets a bargain, the poor old dealer can be barely breaking even on the older stuff. It then follows that the dealers themselves may be putting more pressure on Fly than we customers can ever hope to - although it is OUR buying habits, or lack of them, that impels the dealers into that position in the first place.
So we DO have an effect, if only indirectly.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Sean, I was reffering to the 3.0 CSL and 320i etcc cars that were announced..
like we will ever see them!

yes, I can see that the cars are just above trade price, and that must take a huge knock, but surely somebody is saying to Fly, 'scuse me, but nobody is buying your cars until the prices fall or they are in sales or they can get a phat discount.

Inte

1 - 18 of 18 Posts