SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fly have confirmed that a number of these models have been issued without the disc brakes fitted. If your model does not have them, email me with your name and address and I can send a set to you.

Aaron

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes tDI, I will post to Belgium ('cos I'm a nice guy at heart)

Scott, I cannot see from the picture - perhaps they just need pushing over the rear of the wheel hub toward the wheel spokes? Let me know if you need any.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
5,186 Posts
All the ones we received of the two issued did not have the discs in them. A slight ooops that should not matter because these are toys, right?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Aaron,

Dropped you a line, sadly missing off my Daytona.

Thank you for the superb support, with the previous generous offer to remedy the GT40 (chassis) and now this.

Superb.

Really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jamie.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dannyboy, send me your address and I will get some discs to you. TSRF I presume then you don't want any help, which begs the question why post in the first place. However, I am here to assist so although you should approach your distributor, if you don't get any joy then let me know, because as far as I am aware we are the only distributors offering this service as yet.

As for what went wrong at Fly, I am afraid I cannot tell you because I simply don't know. However, at least they have admitted there is a problem and they are, via us, trying to put it right.

Come on everyone, it is easy to shoot the messenger but at least this time I bring good news! I am trying to sort out your problems, but I cannot work miracles overnight so together I hope we can gradually get your concerns looked at and taken seriously by Fly.

Aaron

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Aaron...I for one appreciate your efforts. As for me, neither of my 2 Ferrari's had them either...so if you could, you have my address already. If you need it, let me know and I'll send it to you again.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
5,186 Posts
QUOTE TSRF I presume then you don't want any help, which begs the question why post in the first place. However, I am here to assist so although you should approach your distributor, if you don't get any joy then let me know, because as far as I am aware we are the only distributors offering this service as yet.

Well Aaron, we are in the old USA, so you have no direct responsibility for it. I posted it because... you asked!
I have to contact Scalextric USA which is the distributor but I doubt that they are even aware of it or have any parts. However, if FLY gave you a large sack of it, we just received about 50 of the first two for stock, so I need 400 rotors to give to our customers as we will sell them! So please feel free to help us if possible, as a sign of International Fraternity between our two countries, never mind King George or the BBC.
Regards,

Mr. Pea
(The Mean One from the Vast Right Turn Conspiracy)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Most kind Aaron thank you. Regarding another car, may I contact you in the future about my Scalextric GT40? The motor mount did indeed break, but the super glue seems to be holding..

When I get around to purchasing a (Fly) Daytona I'll check it out. I'm sure Sean at Pendleslot will accomodate my wishes

BTW I was pleased to see that my recently purchased Cartrix Takata NSX has discs all round (thnx Sean & Nick!).

Mark.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Aaron,

Disc-brakes arrived in the post this morning. Considering I didnt even buy the car from you this is great service. I appreciate your help.

Mark.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TSRF, email me your address and I can send you some discs. I did not exactly get a big sack from Fly, but I should just about be able to cover your 50 cars for you.

Jamie, Danny, Chris & Gunther: your discs have been sent today.

Cheers,
Aaron

·
Registered
752 Posts
Well Aaron's a man of his word

I emailed him about both my Daytonas' lack of brake disc detail..... and through the post this morning arrived a couple of sets of brake discs.

Cheers Aaron

Regards,

-Rob

1 - 20 of 43 Posts