SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you will know, many of the Spanish companies close during August, and Fly are no exception. To make up for this, there is always a frantic batch of releases in June and July, and here are the announced release for June. For prices see your local dealer.

Aaron

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hmmm .... the Viper does indeed loook sweeeet !!!

probably have to take the Coca Cola livery Beemer while I am at it as well ....

Just wish theyd get on with that "Lucky Strike" livery 917 thats been hanging around in the catalogue for ages.

BIG"S"

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please note though the Viper is the new bodyshape, the GTR-S and has its own specific range of spares - see seperate thread under cars section.

Aaron

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Waow !

The BMW and the Alfa were expected, but the Saleen (FIA GT 2004), Viper (FIA GT 2004) and Corvette (ALMS 2003 ?) were previously unannounced. GREAT stuff ! I can't wait for these, especially the FIA GT liveries !

True, we still await a lot of liveries from FLY (several Saleens, Listers and vipers), but as long as they come ... One of the long overdue livery is the Oreca Viper that should come this very month. It's been announced for years ! The rumour was that FLY met several problems to make it, even though it looks much less complicated than the multicoloured Marcos to me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks for the excellent news Gauge!

That Alfa will be great, I think the Viper and Saleen are must havs for me too. *starts ebaying old junk from around the house to raise funds*

pupkick

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
This is one of reasons why it's good to have Aaron & Gaugemaster Controls back on the forum. Advance news of what's to come in the next few weeks/months. It allows us to budget and discard other brands that we may have been half thinking of buying. Being a Fly collector it is a welcome, although I do not collect touring cars and odd-ball limited editions.

Aaron

M

·
DT
5,195 Posts

I've just realised that the Viper in the June poster is the one Driven by Simbin president Henrik Roos in the FIA GT Championship sponsored by SimBin & GTR.

More info at www.simbin.com

·
Registered
549 Posts
Quite correct foroslot, they are similar: however, the truck you have pictured is Fly Truck 5 in the 1995 livery, whereas the new one (Fly Truck 11) is the 1993 livery. Also, you may notice that the front grille area is slightly different. The Lancia Beta is the same with the exception of the UEFA 2004 logo on the bonnet, see seperate thread in cars section for more details.

Aaron

·
Registered
715 Posts
A quick note about the SIMBIN crew... those guys started out creating mods for the Electronic Arts F1 PC game series just like I did. We were all making mods or models for game mods at the same time a couple of years ago.

They created GTR2002, a ground-breaking sim modification which still has a fan in me for nothing but the absolute love of the sport.

Somewhere in there a group/subgroup of those guys just like yourselves pulled themselves together to form a company and get some sponsorship. Hence a complete and official standalone game with their own game engine!

...A SMOKIN' product as I hear it surpasses their "free" version by bounds.

I am quite proud of these guys. I hope they succeed...It's also nice to see our hobbies overlapping a little bit. It would be great if that industry returned the favor!!

(And no, I have no financial interest in their endeavor
)

-Maltese

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@lotus - the Porsche has a new 10 tooth pinion and is a magnet version, the Saleen has a new racing chassis.

@foroslot - Well, there are a number of ways of looking at it, and I am sure all will be expressed somewhere on this forum. In motor racing of any type, the livery of a vehicle will generally not change much from year to year, yet the collectors still buy them so that they can have a complete set of liveries, however similar. The nature of the models dictates that this will always be the case, for instance there are many F1 Ferrari collectors who have the complete set of cars, yet they are practically all the same!

As far as the truck goes, I think if Fly had just bought out the same model in a different running number, then it may have been a questionable decision - as it is, the model is only two years difference from the one you pictured and since the sponsor is the same, I would not expect it to change radically.

With relation to the Lancia Beta, these are fantasy liveries so we may see future models (for instance the 2006 World Cup) having the same car with a different logo on it. The point of this type of model is to collect an ongoing set, and I think that long term that is what Fly plan to do.

Aaron

1 - 20 of 26 Posts