SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I have to admit the release 'looks' like coming closer, but my reservations and doubts remain.

Countless times it has appeared in release pamphlets for well over a year maybe two.

Then the blame was laid at mold problems - ages ago now.

To top that is looks like a Limited Edition 3 car set so is going to break all current Fly price records I am willing to bet..

Most hyped and long awaited release of the Hobby it may be but will we ever see it?

·
Premium Member
5,675 Posts
Well I for one can wait, I've got my money put aside for the one carrying the Tergal sponsors to sit beside the other yellow and green machines I have.

The delay is a bit of a joke however.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just seen a price at GetSlotted:

Ford GT40 'Gulf' Historical Teams Set £95.00 - €140.11

TEAM05 Contains 2 Ford GT40's with the Gulf livery, as usual with HT sets the 3rd car is available seperately (A183).

I wonder if the 3rd car is included for that price? I paid roughly that for all 3 cars of the Porsche 917 Historical Team.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi 2 u all,
why worry about price of fly cars when you can get scalextric at about £26, including lights.also rather annoying is when cars are dumped on the market cheaply after you have paid full price, such as chevrons and 908's. i stopped buying fly, but was tempted by offers from mark scale. 3 fly cars, bmw,saleen and adidas lister for just over £60 including postage, the bmw even has lights

regards alan

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The price is high, but I buy what I like (with a little moderation). The Scalextric GT-40s came out first and I now have a set of 3 of those. I don't see myself getting any more - Fly or any other brand - I only have 4-lanes.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there!

I already have 5.

For me that is more than enough, especially as I am not even that keen on the GT40!

No money of mine will go to Fly this time unless they are reduced to a tenner or less!

Cheers,

slik.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I have just realised that, apart from my Porkie 908 that I bought just to see what Fly were like (and it was pretty good), the only Flies I have bought since have been from a dealer member of our club, when finding myself without a drive for one make classes. These almost unavoidable purchases were always a little under list and I have been reasonably happy with them - straight out of the box. It's just the horrendous recurring price hikes that bring on a totally reflex defence action where my automatic response is to resolutely resist them unless I can obtain them at no more than the price of a Scalextric, Carrera or Ninco.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.