SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow slot enthusiasts. I purchased a Fly GT40 24hours 1966 #7 and it had some issues like a cracked chassis and some parts that were glued incorrectly so I returned it. It was replaced and this one looks much nicer but I still see there is an issue with the rear of the chassis. It originally appeared that the rear window was not seated properly so I removed the interior and reset the rear window and glued it in place. That was apparently not the issue. There is something binding that is pushing down on the rear exhaust/spring area. Is the rear frame supposed to sit up in the notches of the body? In the photo where the frame meets, Im pushing up on the chassis to hold it up but it springs back down.
White Hood Black Laptop Bumper
Musical instrument accessory Bumper Finger Gadget Electronic instrument

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Fly cars have various flaws for racing, unless it’s a Racing series(those are good and fast cars), broken pinions, hard or gloop tires, plastic scraps in the chasis that won’t let the chasis rock properly, broken or bend wheels, etc are common flaws among Fly cars… but all of them(unless Alfa series) have lots of details and have proper scale.

So it’s really no surprise what you comment.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I thought that may be the issue or the motor wire pinching but after looking inside with a flashlight, it wasnt the case. I think that rear assembly is pointing downward. I notice other gt40s dont have that white cover. View attachment 314605
Thats because of the model, some GT40 have it (the cover)and some not, it is related to the evolution of the car (MkII, MkII, etc)

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
In case you’re interested - the white box represents the luggage space that was required for GT cars of that era…….
Mike
Everyday learn something, thanks mate😉

At least it would carry a Champagne 🍾 bottle or one Gin and one Vermouth bottles , just in case hehehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts