SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE Should I just send it back to Fly and let them fix the problem ?
Absolutely,and it is a real shame that more people don't do this.

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE Still, I look forward to hearing from you as to what results you have had when you have sent your problems back to Fly - I am presuming you practise what you preach?
1.I buy very few ready to run cars.
2.I almost allways change the wheels(I have a few)axles etc,even before I run them.
3.FOR ME,it is much quicker and easier to fix/repair/modify problem cars,than to package them up and put them in the Post.This is not the same for the vast majority of RTR purchasers(and,I'm sure even you would agree with me on that point),some of whom,even getting the body off and back on can be quite a challange.

4.Taking something back to the dealer/distributor may or may not solve the customers imediate problem,but because of the way the Manufacture/Dealer/Distributor scheme works,returns(and the specific problems related to these returns)rarely get back to the Manufacturer.Distributors are generally allowed a %$ for returns in all of thier orders,and all returns go into a Slush Pile.Some companies will eventually root through,and piece together as many saleable units as they can,but,for the most part,this isn't done.Most of the stuff usually ends up as Garbage in your local Tip.

Because of this system,Manufacturers rarely hear about,or have to deal with any problems.

That is why,I feel that for the average Joe All Thumbs,sending defective(especially when it is of endemic proportions to a particular Model/Product)product back directly to the manufacturer may be a better wake up call to that manufacturer.

Anybody that has ANY problems at all with any of my products,is actually encouraged to send it back to me personally,and I will look after it myself.Only had one problem in 2 and a half years so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.