SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
It seems you have not read that many of the postings Andy, or you will have found that if you send me your name and address I will send you a replacement chassis free of charge, curtesy of Fly.

They are aware there was a problem with the first releases of the chassis, and so I have posted in a number of threads that if you need new ones, let me know. It's as simple as that! So in answer to your questions, yes Fly are supplying new chassis and if you want to send it back to Fly you can but it is a bit pointless since they already know the problem.

bwaminispeed, although I do understand what you are getting at there is little point in doing that. Why not just contact your supplier or distributor? A lot less hassle and you will probably get a quicker response and result. Still, I look forward to hearing from you as to what results you have had when you have sent your problems back to Fly - I am presuming you practise what you preach?

Look forward to hearing from you Andy

Aaron

·
Registered
549 Posts
Good point - any chance Swissracer and Nuro? After all, it is worth mentioning in the review that although a fault was found that Fly have admitted that it exists and are prepared to do something about it.

Aaron

·
Registered
549 Posts
QUOTE Distributors are generally allowed a %$ for returns in all of thier orders
WRONG!!!!!! Gaugemaster Controls buy all their stock, whether it ends up sold to a happy customer or in a skip to be re-assembled into a running wreck for racing.

QUOTE Manufacturers rarely hear about,or have to deal with any problems.
CORRECT!! Especially if the products concerned are bought via the chain stores or your local supermarket or from Mr Miscellaneous at the local 'Ackrington Stanley Slot Car Swapmeet and Knitting Pattern Collectors Fair'

I see many of the forum members posting faults with their models, but none who I have challenged admit to actually doing anything about it as far as complaining to their dealer or writing to the manufacturer. Why? If I bought something and it was faulty then I would want it put right! This means that when I go to the manufacturer and say there has been a problem with something their only answer can be that they know nothing about it! So either you are all complacent and prepared to accept poor quality or all exaggerating the problems and I doubt it is the second option. The problem is not with the system, it is with the purchasers! See what I am getting at?

So, you buy your model slot car. What if the rear wheels fall off after a week of use? The retailers are then in a difficult position, and that is one of the reasons that I have started posting on the forum. If a problem occurs like the last one above, then the dealer will normally (I hope) contact me, and we can usually sort something out. This only adds fuel to the fire that buying from a UK recognised dealer is always worth any premium you may find yourself paying, because they will be there for you if you get a problem. The recent problems with the GT40 Chassis would have been a nightmare for them, as all they could rightfully say would be that the model was as it was and there was nothing they could do. Thats where I come in at Gaugemaster.

I am currently sending out Ferrari discs and GT40 chassis like they were going out of fashion - not just to UK customers but Europe and the USA as well. I have been in contact only today with Fly about front wheels falling off BMW CSLs and they are investigating it now, and I have more questions and investigations in progress.

The bottom line is that by all working together and with a little understanding of how the chain works, we can make things better for you. Until they are perfect, be kind to your retailers and support them, and if you don't get any joy them you can always contact me direct. I cannot always guarantee you an instant answer, and I cannot always guarantee to be able to solve your problem, but together the retailers and I will do all we can.

Aaron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.