SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

Does anyone know which is the correct replacement pinnion for a Fly March F1 car as mine decided to chew up as soon as it hit the track.

The pinnions I have, seem to be too large for the Motor shaft (code on Motor 070808)

any info much appreciated.

Cheers
Graham

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Graham
I am not sure if that motor is different to others, most motors need to have the pinion pressed onto it, who supplied the car, ask them I would think that a ninco 9 tooth pinion would do or even a scalex plastic one would do.
Regards
Zen

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (zendragon @ 3 Mar 2012, 10:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Graham
I am not sure if that motor is different to others, most motors need to have the pinion pressed onto it, who supplied the car, ask them I would think that a ninco 9 tooth pinion would do or even a scalex plastic one would do.
Regards
Zen

Hey Zen

I've tried the bog standard scaley (pink) pinnion but the diameter of the hole is too large.

I've looked on the service sheets for the scaley F1 cars as the motor looks similar but the pinnions are not mentioned

Graham

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Graham,

I recently replaced a split fly pinion on a fly Porsche 935kh group 5 with a Slot it 6.5mm brass one. I was told the 6.5mn is for sidewinders and the 5.5mm is for inlines. Mesh is quite good but if you have issues i have heard that a little tooth paste should help as it will polish the mesh so it matches. Run as long as needed.

Another recent purchase of a Fly Porsche 917 appears to have the same issue out of the box so I will be doing the same again.

Hope that helps and let me know how you go as I have a few Fly F1s myself - no issues yet (knock on wood)

Cheers

·
Registered
105 Posts
As far as I know the March uses a slimline motor which uses a 1.5mm shaft, Scaleauto does very good brass 1.5mm bore pinions and all Scaly cars that use the slim motor (current F1) also use this pinion which will work on the March. Scaly sells an assortment pack of these pinions in plastic.

DE38

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers all for the replies.

I managed to get some Scalextric C8403 which fit the slimline fly motor on the March F1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts