SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Know your track quite well - only use Ninco - and if allowed - change to slot it gearing. the ninco bmw take some setting up but are quick once that has been done - add some weight on the sides and few gram's under the front axle .... I also did some gentle/careful filing of the spur gear to get it to sit properly

have some pics of the set up i have on 2 BMW's I raced at your track - pm me and I will send some to you....

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Andre

herewith the pic as promised

bigger views of pics are available in my slotforum gallery

- Weight comes in at 105 grammes, and distributed as per pic
- Rear wheels have been substituted for aluminium rims and the ninco wheels filed down as inserts.
- slot it rear bearings have been glued into the front, so that the front wheels are free wheeling and barely touch the track.
- front tyres coated in superglue for minimum resistance
- Rear tyres are SCX soft
- slot it rear bearings and gears added.
- rear pinion slightly filed to form 'angle-winder'
- motor run in for 2 hours - 1 hour at 3 volts and 1 hour at 6 volts
- silicone wires added from motor to guide...

initial setup was done by Al Patterson (Big Al on the forum), which I then modified so that the car worked on the very twisty esses on your circuit

any comments/improvement suggestions from anyone??

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
that is the TOTAL weight of the car I was referring to.... not weight added.

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Swiss - large open track I agree with you..........

BUT - the track in question has a double set of ess bends that your car has to be set up for - plus there are 3 straights but not exceptionally long, so to be quick over a lap on this track, balance in the esses is paramount. This particular car was the quickest non Merc, and on most occasions, was the quickest - full stop...

This car does NOT drive well at all on my home Ninco track or at the track that we raced the SA speed week .... - horses for courses...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts