SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice review, but this is the first one I have come across with a wheel falling off so hopefully a one-off..... unless any other forum members know different? Please post here if you have had any problems with your new Vipers.

Aaron

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Cool Review.

Can you give us lap times on your track for other cars such as the Fly Lola B98?

Lola B98 :
New Viper:
Old Viper:
Saleen:
BMW M3:

Obviously you can only do the ones that you own...

That'd be great.

McLaren

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
This coming week I should be able to let you guys know about a back to back comparison between the new Viper A205 an my old A2 Viper (met.blue whit stripes no.97)

Seems that my ban on buying cars doesn't apply to my missus getting me early birthday presents

Mark.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Thanks for the review, Gunther !

Just for the info, if you want to know whether a Viper is a 1998 or 1999 edition, look at the front bumper : "Chrysler" is mentionned beneath the front lights on the 1999 car whereas there is simply nothing written on the 1998 livery.

I wonder what those yellow figures with black heads are ?
SRA ? Carrera ?

Difflock,

I think it's a bit unfair to use the A2 as a comparison since improvements were brought to the transmission in the later liveries (from A6 and on if I remember well) and some time later another kind of magnet was used as well.

·
Premium Member
5,672 Posts
That one looks really nice (urgh, awful word, nice).

Looks like she sits too low to have a hope of making it around the Oxford plexy mind.

Shame the transmission can still pop out. Was it Moped who suggested they have a bit come down from the body to push on the axle bush? One of his sensible ideas but maybe not possible with the interior detail.

Good pictures too. Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
QUOTE (zubi @ 23 Jul 2004, 07:38)Does the Viper have Front and Back/Brake-Lights or only Front-Lights ???

Zubi
Zubi, both of them.

By the way, does anyone has got any picture from the rear part of the real car???? (1:1). I've been looking for these pictures in internet, but I could not find any.

PS: Congratulations, VERY GOOD PICTURES, AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Thanks fot the positive replies on my first review guys!

@ McLaren:

I don't own any of this cars, only the M3 chassis under a ETCC bodyshell, and that one drives a 6.4820 on the track and my friends previous lap record with the Saleen was 5.8163. An other friend of me owns an old viper, maybe we'll test this one on monday! I don't have more times for the moment!

@ Fast Lucky: Those are SRA figures. I know their yellow don't quite go along with the viper... but they were the first I got my hands on yesterday. Normally they belong to the Seat ETCC Team.

Greetz

Gunther

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.