SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
With due respect to Sean, the pictures of the Fly pit lane track sections on the Fly Car Collector website are not very clear.

Can someone please point me in the direction of better pictures to look at, to help me to decide whether I should buy some or not?

Many thanks,

Russell

·
Registered
420 Posts
I agree - it is really not easy to make much sense of the picture.

Also, it is not only a question of wether to buy or not - but even if you do wish to buy it is not obvious WHAT to buy. How can the different pieces be combined? E.g. I cannot even tell how the pieces hang together or which functions they perform and how... All I can do is make a lot of assumptions - but I cannot really tell...

So please if som-one can give us a closer look at the pieces it would really be appreciated!

//peter

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hi guys,

I brought a couple of the pit lane track sections from Getslotted earlier this the week (sorry Pendle!).

Basically they are designed to fit behind the FLY/GB Track pit walls sections, but I suppose you could fit them straight on to Scaley track because they have little hocks that clip up underneath the track similar to the pit walls sections and like many barrier pieces made by the other brands Scalextric etc.

They are the length of a scalextric half straight and the width (184mm) is a little over the width of scalextric track (180mm), the depth is the same as scaley track.

The type 'A' and 'B' differences are that they have different coloured lines (red or green), they are pretty good, nice detailing including some tyre marks, a groove for a guide blade in the 'rest' position and a nice little touch with small grilles on one side that look like drainage holes.

I will try and post some up close pics tomorrow when I'm back at work.

Anyway, nice work FLY - keep it up!

Mark

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
I saw them at MK swapmeet. Nice, but expensive at £10 each. To run behind my three part pit wall that means an 'In', an 'Out' and three 'Pit' sections - a cool £50. Ex-pen-sive!

Scott

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks for posting the pictures, Neo -- and thanks for downloading better pics Sean!

I think I'll pass... make my own...

Kind regards

Russell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts