Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
I presume they are subliminally trying to get us to 'love' this car and their artwork does make the car look ever so appealing.

However there is a but.....

I don't want another shelf queen so for me to buy it will have to performs well w/o magnet. I hold out minimal hope if the motor is behind the rear axle as per other pre production photos about.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Extreme!!!

This is what I wanted for ages!!!!

Damn that looks good!!!!

Pre-ordering right now!!!

Cheers!

droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
QUOTE (Rokkoko666 @ 16 Dec 2004, 12:10)Mmm... really nice, but i wait for the Monte-Carlo version and the one with Carrera tail

Richard,

What do you mean with "Carrera tail" ? Is that the spoiler ?

Gunther, write me down for that order too. It's the best looking Fly car I've seen this year !

Cheers,

Yves

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yves: Exactly... in the Fly catalogue from this year you can see three versions with the Carrera spoiler...

Kind regards // Richard

·
Registered
114 Posts
QUOTE (mtucker666 @ 16 Dec 2004, 11:59)I don't want another shelf queen so for me to buy it will have to performs well w/o magnet. I hold out minimal hope if the motor is behind the rear axle as per other pre production photos about.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I completly agree, it looks to nice but as we know from a lot of past releases of Fly w/o magnets they are hard to handle well. the sidewinder behind the rear axle will be IMHO a really challanging experiance (alot of lead may be needed)

Greetings from Switzerland
Zubi

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
QUOTE (tadream @ 16 Dec 2004, 12:16)QUOTE (Rokkoko666 @ 16 Dec 2004, 12:10)Mmm... really nice, but i wait for the Monte-Carlo version and the one with Carrera tail

Richard,

What do you mean with "Carrera tail" ? Is that the spoiler ?

Gunther, write me down for that order too. It's the best looking Fly car I've seen this year !

Cheers,

Yves
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let's put some lights in it... and drive some 24 hours on Petit Le Mans and Petit Spa!

What do you think?

Gunther

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
It does look good but Matt makes a good point, I hope it is a good runer too and not just a looker.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Makes me cry when I think of what might have been if they had nailed the Ferrari 365GTB as well as they appear to have hit this one!!!

Oh well, like most Flys I expect some sticker shock, so we'll wait to see it in the flesh...

ADDED TO POST ...

JUST FOUND.... ACTUAL MODEL AT SPHOBBIES

·
Dave Kennedy
541 Posts
This car will be mine. Anyone know when they will be available in the US?

DK

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm not usually a fan of 'older' cars, but this one does look good. Hopefully it's not all photoshopping doing that. Damn marketing people.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Okay, okay, I give in...
I can resist no longer

I've just ordered my Porsche from Sean...

So Gunther, whenever you're ready and if the Porsche is ou quickly enough in the Uk I'll bring your figures along when I'm coming to race at Petit Spa !

Cheers,

Yves

·
Registered
522 Posts
A rear engine configuration. . . another first from FLY! Is it arrogance on their part to sacrifice running abilty for a configuration that mimicks reality???

With all the slot cars on the market, I really appreciate this. I suspect it will require alot of weight over the guide to handle well. Hopefully they will make 20+ liveries of this car.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts