SlotForum banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts
Perfectly acceptable point, Isetta!

Fly suffer as badly as Hornby cars without the magnet when they go the "odd" motor layout route.

Take the LMP Lolas for example;

Hornby one -Good with magnet/poor without.

Fly one - Good with magnet/ good without.

Hornby are getting better though! The latest DTM Astras and Mercs are very good without magnet.

Mr.M

"However, with a Fly Porsche 911, ALL you have to do out of the box is:-
Add 18g of lead
Change the pickup
Change the motor
Change the gears
Change the axle
Change the hubs
Change the tyres"

You forgot to metion the removal of about $45 from your wallet.

I bought one and have been driving the wheels off it.

Very fun car, and I think Fly did an excellent job.

I will play with lead after removing the magnet, but in stock form this car is a real blast on my carrera track.

I have had mine for about a week now and love it! I pulled out the bar mugnut, sanded the tyres, added about 6grams of lead up front around the guide and the car runs great. We raced them against the 3.5csl and they were very close. If your a non-mag racer you won't be disapointed if you take the time to set up the car. Mine is run on Ninco and Sport tracks!

Also the motor in these is a lot hotter than the standard fly motor. It almost seems like a Fly racer when you run it. Anyone else notice this?

I have now taken out the factory rear magnet.
I put a NINCO button magnet up front in the pocket and a little lead.
Now the car slides controllably, and is I believe even faster. A real blast and hardly any work. I have ordered the red one because I like this one so much.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.