SlotForum banner

Fly Porsche 911s

16K views 106 replies 47 participants last post by  williamg 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Some Eye-Candy From Fly

Mini Review here.

See less See more
#4 ·
I presume they are subliminally trying to get us to 'love' this car and their artwork does make the car look ever so appealing.

However there is a but.....

I don't want another shelf queen so for me to buy it will have to performs well w/o magnet. I hold out minimal hope if the motor is behind the rear axle as per other pre production photos about.

#9 ·
QUOTE (mtucker666 @ 16 Dec 2004, 11:59)I don't want another shelf queen so for me to buy it will have to performs well w/o magnet. I hold out minimal hope if the motor is behind the rear axle as per other pre production photos about.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I completly agree, it looks to nice but as we know from a lot of past releases of Fly w/o magnets they are hard to handle well. the sidewinder behind the rear axle will be IMHO a really challanging experiance (alot of lead may be needed)

Greetings from Switzerland
Zubi

#10 ·
QUOTE (tadream @ 16 Dec 2004, 12:16)QUOTE (Rokkoko666 @ 16 Dec 2004, 12:10)Mmm... really nice, but i wait for the Monte-Carlo version and the one with Carrera tail

Richard,

What do you mean with "Carrera tail" ? Is that the spoiler ?

Gunther, write me down for that order too. It's the best looking Fly car I've seen this year !

Cheers,

Yves
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let's put some lights in it... and drive some 24 hours on Petit Le Mans and Petit Spa!

What do you think?

Gunther

#18 ·
Okay, okay, I give in...
I can resist no longer

I've just ordered my Porsche from Sean...

So Gunther, whenever you're ready and if the Porsche is ou quickly enough in the Uk I'll bring your figures along when I'm coming to race at Petit Spa !

Cheers,

Yves

#19 ·
A rear engine configuration. . . another first from FLY! Is it arrogance on their part to sacrifice running abilty for a configuration that mimicks reality???

With all the slot cars on the market, I really appreciate this. I suspect it will require alot of weight over the guide to handle well. Hopefully they will make 20+ liveries of this car.

#23 ·
It's too bad to read that Fly has taken this engine mounting thing of their's so far. It's a bad idea to make a chassis that you know is so flawed. Many of us run on routed wood tracks with no magnets. I don't want to have to load the slotcar down with so much lead just to get the thing to stay in the slot.

I've been looking forward to this car for months now and I must say after reading the review I'm very disappointed.

DK

#25 ·
QUOTE (tadream @ 16 Dec 2004, 19:56)So Gunther, whenever you're ready and if the Porsche is ou quickly enough in the Uk I'll bring your figures along when I'm coming to race at Petit Spa !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do we need those porsches for that? Maybe we can race some other endurances, and do it again afterwards with the Porsches! Looking forward to race you at Petit Spa and Le Mans!

As soon as the figures arrive, grab your cars together and let me know and get ready for some endurances!

I checked with Peter from LesCars and I should have my 911s next week! Hopefully on tuesday! Can't wait!

Greetz

Gunther

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Factory driver Jurgen Barth and John Russell arrive at Le Mans from Stuttgart.

The race car arrives .. Michael Keyser owner/ driver of Todd Hall. John Russell, customer service and race development from Porsche factory along with girlfriend, Martha Chambers "Mac" at Le Mans 1972. The car was driven by Sylvain Garant, of France , Jürgen Barth, of Deutschland, Michael Keyser, of USA and finished 13th over all.

Everyone helped out back in 1972!

Todd Hall Porsche at the end of the Mulsanne straight

Even though I wasn't even born back then... I just love those cars, and the sphere from back then!

Cheers

gunther

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.