SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,158 Posts
I have 2. They needed work - spacers to stop wheel slop, and for my tastes at the time (my super-magnet phase) they needed more magnets than they came with. After that they are smooth and fast runners.

The UK distributer for Fly Guagemaster passed on feedback from the forum to Fly, and apparently they now come with spacers already fitted. Depends on whether the one you are buying is fresh stock or not I guess...

oh - and you will find that there is a tad more detail in the Fly porsche than in the scalextric TT!

· Registered
5,158 Posts
ahhhhhhh fly prices! now there is a topic and a half!

But still, they are cheaper than maxi models, racer and le-mans minatures, make a massive range of cars to amazing detail, many not made by anyone else, and no-one forces us to buy them!

· Registered
5,158 Posts
Slot car wise, the 917 is very similar to the lola T-70. They have the same hard-to-true rubber compound classic tyres, same stubs and same sub-chassis design.

My 917s run a bit better than my T-70.

And then there is this issue of Fly quality control... maybe Fly are learning and improving? Who knows.

· Registered
5,158 Posts
maybe ruhdwulf.... however there are a lot of people who complain and complain, but keep going back for more!

Many of my Fly's have worked straight off (chevron, new viper, corvette to name a few). A fair number needed work. I agree that for the price, they should not need that much work. However, the alternative for many of these cars is finding a kit body, painting and decalling it yourself, probably buying a fly chassis for the interior and so on - ends up even more work and expense. Just be glad they are there at all!

My preference is for a slot world with Fly and its faults rather than a slot world without fly cars at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.