SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
265 Posts
So now you've heard about Fly. Yes, they do need work to be fielded, often the work is simple but thats beside the point. For these prices they should be able to run decently out of the box. Lately Professor Motor has decided not to carry them anymore! He was rumbling about it a while back. He says he will order them special if we want them but he is tired of dealing with all their problems. I guess I don't blame him. I'll be sure to attend the blow-out clearance sale soon! Too bad really as some of their cars are just beautiful.

· Registered
265 Posts
As Astro mentioned earlier, I, too, am one of those people who "still comes back for more".
Maybe I do it because one of the things I'm paying for is the right to piss and moan???
Ahh well. Fly has cars no one else has so.........I guess it just hones my prepping skills
. Once you get the cars together, they run quite well. It's a matter of getting used to paying more and finishing them yourself! I can think of a few 1:1 cars and bikes that fit THAT bill, but they still sell, don't they?
Don't abandon them just because their quality control REEKS (now I'm laughing!). I just got bit by an M3 (lit yellow corn) that I HAD to have
The one headlight was out on the first drive, I repaired it, then ALL the lights quit a week later!!! (This on a $70.00us car!) Now I wait for a main lighting board to get shipped. Please Fly, bite me again!!!

To nothing but insane fun!
Cheers!

· Registered
265 Posts
Hey John, sounds like a nice rig you're running over there
. I have a few of those Fly and GB spyders and yup they are a scream (after installing V12 motors and screw-down guides, that is). I love them, and the "Flunders" are way cool,too. I have observed that no two Fly cars run the same. They all have their quirks and preferences and thus, their missions. I have tried to get them similar enough to race hard, side by side around the track (like my Nascars) but they don't. They all seem to shine in different ways. The Vettes as I know them are very different cars to the little side-winder Porsches. I haven't tried any of the Vettes on my track at this point, but I'm sure they could be made to perform. I'm looking at the Capris lately(to run with the MRRC Toyotas), but that "Thelma & Louise" keeps catching my eye!
If I went with one though, it'd probably be the "compuware" C5. Ive seen the 1:1 car in the flesh and it was SWEET
Lots of little parts to strip off and pile up on the infield (Oh, joy!) More beer?

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.