SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's so great about those to warrant the extra outlay? Are they really a lot better than the standard cars from the other manufacturers? (I'm a racer not a collector BTW, although if given a choice I'd much rather have the Le Mans test car Porsche with the red striping on the roof than one of the anonymous yellow or cyan ones!)

A trip to GetSlotted in Birmingham on Saturday (once I'd found it...
) netted me a Proslot 'Chocolate Truffles' 911 with an EVO3 motor, sticky tyres and light-weight squashy body that rocks nicely on the chassis for a reduced cost since it had no box lid. This car will probably have a second neodinium (sp.?) bar magnet loading it down for the magnet modified class.

So this car and the recent SCX Dome at normal price (supposedly already in a 'racer' trim) are making me wonder if I really need a FLY Racer. Can anybody give me a run-down on exactly how the FLY car is superior to anything out else there? I'm not questioning the validity of the FLY just curious about it...

Coop

·
Registered
186 Posts
Endurance race results-wise It's not a match for a slot.it audi. I also remeber there was a 3-way test between a fly racer, the ninco BMW LMR, and the slot.it audi. I don;lt really remeber the results.

Personally for the price, I'd go for a slot.it and £10 in change.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
QUOTE Can anybody give me a run-down on exactly how the FLY car is superior to anything out else there?

A - It's not! oh GS will give them to you online for £30.95
cheaper than a slot it audi at retail rip off price

Rob.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Rich,

You get £5 off your first order with GS plus free shipping with every order... so:

FLY evo2rs GS price = 35.95 - 5 = 30.95

-Rob (t'other one)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts