SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, after put up a topic about the fly racing lola, i had chance to try them all, and they are good, after getting a lola at the last minute and racing it and winning at essex and leading most of the laps and putting up the fastest lap in the final i would say they don't need alot of work, and the only one to get near me in the final was another lola, but a selean was second only 2 seconds behind due to me having a off on the final lap and slowing down in the last part of the race, but saying that i'd tryed a selean on that day and they were good as well, the question i want to put forward is, are these the best none magnet gt around???

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Yup.

Although, apparently Maurizio from Slot.It has smashed his track record by a lot with the pre-production model of the Nissan R390. That sounds (and looks) good. I also think the Slot.It Mercedes Sauber C9 will kick ass, due to small overhangs and all.

Anyway, for the moment at least, it seems that the Lola is king of the plexi-tracks. Will be a different matter at Molesey though, where I imagine your Toyota will be able to stretch its legs, Will.

Lotus

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Probably a Toyota and an Audi, both with Proslot Evo3s. Maybe a Porsche 956, but with a V12... Dunno really.

The problem is that you want a really, really light car, that's got quite a long wheelbase and is low and flat. And the arrow always points to a Toyota, but I just don't like them. Dunno why, but I find them quiet hard to set up, mainly because I overcomplicate things by adding slot.it stuff... Maybe standard is the route...

Lotus

PS. What's your other ideas?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
You'll need a lighter motor...

Short Fly Racing one from a Motorola Lola could be quite good...

Hmm... *puts on thinking cap*

Lotus

·
Registered
549 Posts
***off topic***

Watch out for a new range of Racing slot cars from Spirit that should be great competition for the Fly Racing series - I am just awaiting full spec and when I get the details I will start a new thread. Just posted this to wet your appetite....

Aaron

·
Registered
59 Posts
As far as I know, Reynard is, at least, as fast as Lola Fly Racing.
Antoher solution will be the hot new R.390 from REPROTEC, (Yes, not from Maurizio).
The latest news I know from REPROTEC, that car's a "chrono blaster"...

They are going to race in Spain next week with that car, I will inform you of the results...

·
Gary Skipp
6,506 Posts
QUOTE (lotus03 @ 12 May 2004, 16:22)I also think the Slot.It Mercedes Sauber C9 will kick ass, due to small overhangs and all.
I gota get me one of these!

Any details?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts