SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

i wonder if you could, how good are the fly racing series cars??

is the new lola any good??

on the test of it, it sounds good standard and the audi r8 came no where near, is that because the standard motor????

driver3

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Hey driver, buy a Lola!

I just tested it at Eastcote and it was about half a second a lap quicker than anything else I have. That's good...

Roly has allowed them in for the second round of the LGTC (Southend, Essex).

Need a few mods, but nothing that your not capable of!

Lotus

·
Registered
420 Posts
I might go for the Capri anyway - it just looks soo good.... and actually the saleen is not so bad looking either... looks above substance I know I know - but what the heck..

//peter

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Hi William. Word thru thwe chat facility the other nite was that it was seriously quicker than the Audi. That came from a couple of sources. Lotus was very impressed. Anyone else got any feedback on this Lola before I spend me sheckles?

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
If you want a race car Jon buy it, you can't go wrong with them.

If you want a looker, forget it and be satisfied with one of the thousand other Lolas out there from Scaley, Spirit, Fly and uncle Tom Cobbley.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Whoa... had a couple of experiments with motor and tyre setups the other night at Eastcote and this car has SO much potential! I was trying it with Ninco motors because I find them better on plexi-tracks with short-sharp bits. Already tried NC6 and it's fast... NC3 also good (this spec will be run at LGTC Rnd 2) and I'm trying it with an NC2 on Monday at Southend. Also standard motor is great but it's probably better for more open tracks (more top end, but less torque).

Laptimes were 11s on a dirty track at the beginning of an evening. Should come down to 10.5s
. What times did you do with a Toyota round Eastcote Will?

Lotus

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Hope so, guess we'll see at Southend!

I think so, because though it's very light, it's very low and wide and very stable. So I don't think it will get knocked around too much...

Are you coming to Southend? If so, I guess you're gonna use a Toyota... See you in the final... lol

Lotus

·
Registered
318 Posts
Lotus, the Fly Lola is not that light. Just weighed mine and it comes in at 86grams just 3 less than the Porsche and Salleen. Slot.it 956 with NC% is the same and Audi R8c with NC3 is 88grams. Toyota with Slot.it gears and Alloy wheels Evo3 is 72 grams. Southend should be very interesting.

Roly

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.