SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
...............more of the same with different paintwork with a 'commemorative viper' oh how lovely.
I have one of the new generation Vipers which needs a bit of work on the floppy front wheels that make it de slot on my Ninco track, the front tyres are soft and peal of the rims when cornering. The noise from the gears is very load which will become less I hope after running in.

........and another Lola, yellow as well ....that's new (sorry bad week at work)

Do really like the Cartrix Merc, goes well without the magnet looks wider than the Scaley cars because the Mec had onboard brakes, good fun to drive. The Scaley Vanwall and Maser work well without magnets as well, picked them up at Goodwood..................which was nice!

thought about doing a track test for the forum, if I have time.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there!

OMG teh Viper ROXXOR!!1!

Sorry, what I meant to say is how lovely, I need one of those in my collection, NOW! Well actually I don't need one at all but I'll get one anyway
I'm very glad to see it's not a chrome colour.

Aaron, do you have any idea on the packaging and price please?

Hope these will be at MK?

Cheers,

Julian.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Yes please Aaron!

Before we allow you to swan off to the arse end of nowhere ...

More info on S300 commemorative Viper please (Just bought (this week)) the first commemorative one they did when they got to 1 million units.

Apart from that the only thing that rocks my boat is the Daytona (like that livery).

I will wait for the intevitable liveried Lola before buying another racing Fly. Still playing with the Capri and Last (non mag!) Porsche GT1.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Is the rumour true that if you pre order any Fly Car from
Gaugemaster in the month of September you receive a
BIG box of chocolate free gratis ?? !!!!

Suppose we gotta get the commemorative viper to carry
on with the collection

Ps is it the arse end swiss or the arm pit ???

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
In fact there is a bit of confusion on the BMW CSL, in that the list that was published a couple of months ago listing all the cars to be produced till the end of the year lists this car as being A685, but the flyer states A686 ??

M

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Domejuddv10 - sorry you don't like the Viper - everybody else seems to and as the most popular Fly car the new models have been completely trouble free: ....except yours it seems.

Slik - I don't have a price or package details yet, but the car is silver with blue tampo.

Swiss - The only info I can give you is that the Viper S300 is the special edition made to commemorate the 2,000,000 FLY units sold since 1996. It is a colour reversal of the one you just purchased. The Ferrari is part of the Ferrari Team set, shown across the two posters.

Kevin - No, its not true.

LMP04 - Mclaren is correct, it is not a Fly Racing edition

Mo55man - you should know what Fly are like by now! I have asked for verification of the release model number, but it would not surprise me if this model was not on the original listings.

Aaron

G

·
Aaron, don't get me wrong but I really really like the new viper, perhaps my car is one of those friday afternoon jobs!

The old Viper is one of my quickest cars, it has such a low slung magnet your could use it on the end of a crane in a scrap yard!

Think I was a bit spoilt with the performance and thought the new one would be the same. oh hum

Good luck with your move, and any chance of that Cartrix Honda Chassis?

Phil

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there!

Just popped over to SCI for a little look to see what our American friends are up to and found some information on the price regarding the S300 Viper. The information seems to have been sourced from Scalextric USA.

I'm guessing that this is going to come in some super dooper uber box considering the price tag which is (Stateside)...

$199!

Yes you did read right, that's over three times the price quoted for the A206!

Or to look at it another way, $134.05 for packaging and a different livery.

If this is the price I will not be needing this car after all, that is mad money IMO, just plain stupid.

Fly, I defend you quite often to people and as everybody here knows already, love your Vipers, but this is a step too far if it is true.

Julian.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Does anyone know whill be the difference between the Lola Racing "R" and the normal Racing Lola ?
Hopefully, Fly will not add a magnet - as they did at the red racing Porsche

1 - 20 of 24 Posts