SlotForum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Fly are currently in the process of updating many of the chassis on cars that have had running problems such as wheels rubbing. The next release of the Porsche 917K and the Ferrari Coda Lunga will have the new chassis, and further developments are currently taking place on the Porsche 908/2, Porsche 908/3, Joest Porsche, Lola T70 and Chevron. Also, they have developed a new crown and pinion combination that will greatly reduce noise.

Watch out for these developements on your next purchases.

Aaron

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
wow - great to see Fly paying attention to what people think and doing stuff about it! Looking forwards to seeing the new stuff

(PS - also know you have taken a proactive role in making Fly aware of these issues, so thanks for that too!)

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Very Interesting news Aaron.

Should improve cars for "first timers" no end.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I have to laugh,

the club bought 4 chevrons as house cars, every single one ran out the box lmao!
no wheel rubbing no nothing.

then I stripped them down the glued them up and they are probably the best set of club cars we have.

Inte

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
my old chassis chevron rubbed terribly on left hand corners, fine otherwise. A little bit of filing and spacers and it works fine

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Mclaren - no dates on the Joest chassis yet, but the Ferrari 512 and the Porsche 917 are already in production and should be with us shortly. For all the others, I would guess around September/October time.

@astro - you have picked out the biggest problem of them all - the fact you have to add spacers. In future, you should be able to run them without the additional spacers.

Aaron

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Good to see Fly achnowledge the issues that are so often griped about and attempt to do something about them. Lets hope their resolutions work and that they ensure all new developments don't have any of these issues. As Alan says the main beneficary will be the first time buyers and non-tinkerers (aka Moped) who won't be put off from further purschases because of running issues.

Aaron - well done for perservering with us and enuring the moanings and put downs were analysed and turned in to constructive criticism that Fly were willing to listen to and act upon.

Matt

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
So can I just check a few things?

Is the 512, for the short-tail car or the ugly one?

Will they just slot straight underneath the old bodies?

McLaren

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
The chassis that really need to be improoved is the lister, the others can be made to run well with a small mod.

the lister just doesnt run well at all

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Mclaren - its the short one and the ugly one - both are being re-designed.

I do not yet know about fitting to the older bodyshells, but as soon as I hear I will post the info here

Aaron

·
Registered
610 Posts
It would be best if Fly would provide every car with a racing series chassis without magnet. The Fly Racing Series shows that Fly is able to produce really good stuff, why don't they use it for standard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone tried the new Fly Viper chassis on the old Viper body?

Because I have an old Fly Viper and would like to know if I can improve it by applying the new chassis, the car will seat lower.

Hope that the mounting posts positions are the same...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts