SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
16,398 Posts
If that's front motored, then you'll want to completely replace the chassis with the motor in the rear. Then, any Carrera compatible chip can be installed as needed.

Can you simply open that car up and "plug in" a chip? No.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If that's front motored, then you'll want to completely replace the chassis with the motor in the rear. Then, any Carrera compatible chip can be installed as needed.

Can you simply open that car up and "plug in" a chip? No.

Impossible I would say :eek:. A friend drove this car, that´s why I want to drive it on my Carrera track. I got decals, so I think it´s better to get a Carrera Corvette, spray paint it and put the decals on...

·
Greg Gaub
16,398 Posts
Nothing is impossible. I hate painting and decaling, so I'd sooner buy a 3DP chassis and build that up than I would to paint a different car. Besides, the Carrera car will drive like a Carrera car. I bet your friend would love it if his car drove more like a slot.it. ;-)

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Its easier to print the 3dp chasis or buy it and just tune up and enjoy the car. This is one is one of the two CR5 Lemans 2003 Vettes , got tuned up with an Olifer 3dp chasis, one of my first 3dp chasis tune ups back in 2017, the other one never has touched a track…
Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

Tool Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Motor vehicle

Sadly no digital ready chasis but maybe there are new chasis available, you’ll have to check it out mate, worst scenario you may cut/drill the holes needed for the chip; lexan cockpit is a must either analog or digital as the stock cockpit won’t do cause the lack of space with the new motor configuration.

Cheers

·
Gary Skipp
6,658 Posts
I’ve “half built” a FLY C5-R as an oxigen test car so it’s definitely possible. At first it had the FLY Racing chassis fitted, which is an in-line boxer with suspension mount. These were actual cars made by FLY, they also did the Viper like this.

In the end I swapped that for the Olifer chassis. Either way, both were fitted with an o2 chip and would have provided solutions to your enquiry.

·
Greg Gaub
16,398 Posts
Were the screw posts in the same place between the Fly Racing chassis and the regular chassis? It would seem silly for them to be moved, since that would mean a new injection mold for the body, but figured it's worth confirming.

The Fly Racing (pod) chassis cars are a pleasure to drive, so that would be a great solution. However, they can be pretty hard to source these days, especially in such a desirable model.

·
Gary Skipp
6,658 Posts
I don’t own a regular C5 but the screw posts from the racing version line up with the mounting points on the Olifer chassis, so that’d suggest to me they’re the same.

The Olifer chassis isn’t specifically made for the any version, so they must be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

I just thought it would be cool to bring this up, but this company called Electric dreams could’ve upgraded it for you, but only if you were in the US from what I understand about where they ship to. They were able to upgrade a fly car with the motor in the front, to carrera digital for me using the regular carrera digital chip. So I think it will take a good amount effort to upgrade a fly car to carrera digital, but it is possible.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just thought it would be cool to bring this up, but this company called Electric dreams could’ve upgraded it for you, but only if you were in the US from what I understand about where they ship to. They were able to upgrade a fly car with the motor in the front, to carrera digital for me using the regular carrera digital chip. So I think it will take a good amount effort to upgrade a fly car to carrera digital, but it is possible.
I believe Dennis Samson performed that work on your car, as I think he performs all of the custom work at Electric Dreams. Great guy who knows a lot about building cars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts