SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need a bunch of rear tyres for a One-Make Fly Venturi series we're starting soon. All our cars currently have old tyres that are in various stages of lousyness. Ortmann's are the one make that actually claim to make a tyre that fits (#44) but they confuse me because they say the same tyre can be used for Fly Venturis, Listers, Corvettes etc but if you go to the rear of your cars and look, it's clear that Venturi tyres are smaller. Then if we go to other tyre makers we enter a world of interior profiles (Fly axles have a wide flange, pretty much all others are narrower).

Anybody got a quick easy fix? Indeed, anybody got a big chart explaining in general what tyres go with what wheels?

Andy

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
Fly only made four sets of tyres for their whole range when the Venturi came out, so it should be the same as the Marcos and Corvette and Porsche GT1 range. If they are smaller then maybe the Venturi has the same hubs on the front and the back? Do your front tyres fit on the back?

If this is the case then what you need is a front axle/tyre spare parts pack for either the Marcos, Corvette, Porsche GT1 range, or even Saleen. Also, any SlotIt/NSR or Ninco front tyres should fit as the hub spine and width should be either exactly the same. Gaugemaster have these in stock.

But if you are at all unsure, then simply drop a mail to the UK distributor (Gaugemaster) or to Pendleslotracing.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
You can contact Wayne who makes WASP tyres and will make to your requirements.

C and C designs are working on making tyres as well, at the moment I am in the process of making mould. I know the fly Venturi is one I will be making as I have a set if six to boot up.

I'm just making my first tyres today, if the work out well I will be ordering more silicone to make more moulds, I can mov the Venturi to the top of the list if Wayne doesn't already do them.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys - I've done more comparing , pulling tyres off Venturis, Corvettes and Listers and I think I'd better eat my words - they are pretty much the same. I'm ordering some Ortmanns (#44) and I'll post the result.

Andy

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
QUOTE (Coides @ 18 Sep 2011, 15:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks guys - I've done more comparing , pulling tyres off Venturis, Corvettes and Listers and I think I'd better eat my words - they are pretty much the same. I'm ordering some Ortmanns (#44) and I'll post the result.

Andy
Andy,

Give Wayne a nudge anyway, if he has the tyres they are just as good as Ortmann and a fraction of the cost.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Wraith, I'll try that. I'd never heard of Wayne & WASP tyres before

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I contacted Wayne and he was unbelievably helpful - sent a couple of samples to make sure they fitted right then dropped the price for a bulk order. We just received 24 pairs of tyres and they look perfect and perform about as well as your Venturi did when you pulled it out of the box and put it on the track all those years ago.

You can find out about Wayne here

1 - 7 of 7 Posts