SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

as some may knows, in france, we have since this morning, the "mondial de la maquette et du modele reduit" which is a big meeting in paris!

as some may knows to... we have, since this morning, the first slot dédicated magazine !!! it is Slot buzz

Well, i was to this meeting, and the head master of SlotBuzz with whom we're going to work on the second month, told me a scoop he just had from scalex !
Scalex and Fly had signed up : next fly will be able to be find in a digital version, with a scalex ship !!!

thanks Slot Buzz for that information !!

elicend.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
great news, and a boost for the scalex digital system and compatibility issue!

however i shudder to think about the price!

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
I wonder what that will mean for fans of Ninco track. Come on Ninco, when are we going to see your digital system?
Steve

·
Registered
911 Posts
people talk about one firm dominating, and this may seem to be SSD at present, but i have been thinking. SSD seems to be the big thing in the uk, and thats because of availability. Carrera are big in germany and other places, and, as expected, SCX digital is big in spain. as people have said, Fly cars will be monumentaly expensive, and so may actualy have a minimal effect on helping SSD gain an upper hand. it still seems the digital market is wide open, and Ninco could still take us all by storm! but me, i can hardly afford to eat, let alone buy digital and digital fly cars!

·
Registered
577 Posts
QUOTE (Skeeter @ 24 Apr 2005, 14:59)people talk about one firm dominating, and this may seem to be SSD at present, but i have been thinking. SSD seems to be the big thing in the uk, and thats because of availability. Carrera are big in germany and other places, and, as expected, SCX digital is big in spain. as people have said, Fly cars will be monumentaly expensive, and so may actualy have a minimal effect on helping SSD gain an upper hand. it still seems the digital market is wide open, and Ninco could still take us all by storm! but me, i can hardly afford to eat, let alone buy digital and digital fly cars!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Skeeter,
One good thing about slot-racing - we don't have to go digital if we don't want to.
We can still race our cars the old fashioned way - one car to a lane and just drive faster than the other guys without worrying about changing lanes. Anyway, that's what I'm doing at the moment, what with a SSD set costing RM1,680 in this part of the world, that's a lot of dosh to lay down just for the fun of being able to change lanes and putting the other guy behind you!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well, I read days ago that possibility (http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8020), but I didn't know anything for sure. That might be the solution for Fly collectors to go digital, SSD to be exact. And, AFAIK, Ninco cancelled the May date to show their ADN digital system to "unknown".

·
Gary Skipp
6,549 Posts
QUOTE (astro @ 23 Apr 2005, 22:30)great news, and a boost for the scalex digital system and compatibility issue!

however i shudder to think about the price!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fine point astro. I think SlotCars looking at the nasty end of £55 might push us a tad far. It made me think about the old cyanide pill just reading that post!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts