SlotForum banner

Flying with slot cars

586 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  greenman62 
#1 ·
I purchased this carrying case a couple months ago:

I don't want to check this as baggage on my next plane trip; I don't have a lot of confidence in the airlines' record with respect to baggage handling even though they've started charging fees for the 'privilege'.

On the other hand..am I setting myself up for a full body search if I take this as carry on? And perhaps more importantly (not that I'm into public humiliation) will the TSA folks start disassembling my slot cars to ensure that they aren't some form of terrorist devices?

Any advice from those of you who been down this road (or rather on a plane) would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've flown several times with slot cars AND controllers, which to the ignorant might look like some form of triggering device (last year I even went to Italy by way of Switzerland). I took them in with my clothes checked through in a roll on suitcase and once in carry-on luggage. I've never been questioned... With a case like yours it should present no problem since it can be easily opened and if necessary the cars can be inspected. I wouldn't kick up a fuss if they do look... it's educational for them and you might promote the hobby. I would be more concerned with customs.

Greenman62

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.