SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pay a visit to Slotcenter,

There is a whole bunch of FLY prototypes to be seen ...

Some look like the finished product (Ferrari Daytona), other are quite close (BMW 3,5 CSL in two different shapes, Chrysler Viper) and then some others (Alfa 147, 156, GTA, Buggyra truck ...).

The greatest news are two previously unannounced Porsches : the 911 RS and the 934 turbo. Clearly FLY will bring several variations on the 911. Really great news. I hope and cross my fingers that they will bring the Carrera 3.0 RSR as well (it's the one that was replaced by the 934 turbo in 1976).

Then, I wish they would follow up with some 935's ...

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes,

The Daytona really looks great and it should be in the shops in the coming (two ?) weeks ...

It will be THE hit for Xmas I think...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Thank you for posting the article Fast Lucky.

The Alfa's look a bit blobby though or is it me? According to the article, the car's are in advance state of development? I believe Tropi mentioned (light heartedly) about the possibiltity of front wheel drive fitted to the Alfa's in another thread. I doubt that this would happen, but would definately welcome the idea, i'd love to try one.

Finally, the GT40 Mk2 looks to be fitted with slimmer tyres, losing some of the aggressive stance of the Gulf liveried version?

Jamie.

P.S. At first glance cant tell the difference with the new Viper, where's Slik when you need him?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Alfa prototypes look very far from finished. Since they claim the 147 will be released in january and the 156 just a little later, it seems like they have a lot of work on their hands.

I may be wrong, but I have the feeling that the black GT40 isn't so large at the rear than their first release ?

Regarding the new Viper, I can help !

There will be the two additional lights in the front spoiler (you can't easily notice that on the picture since it's all white upon white), some new air intakes in the rear wings and some will have a new rear wing. Finally, the Viper will at last have a full interior.

There is another picture of that prototype (from the last Nurnberg show) on the following site, where it's easier to see the added front lights :

http://www.lescars.com/

(click on "News" and then scroll down)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Those Daytonas and the CSL are on my list. If the Daytonas are out for Christmas my list for Santa just got longer

Wayneslot

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wayne,

Are you in Europe or in the US ?

The Daytona release is really close (with the first livery being one of the finest for a change) though I'm not sure the US delivery time will happen in time for Xmas ...

·
Alan Tadd
4,038 Posts
The Pink Kar Reynard, also looked pretty good. First I've heard of it!.

Hope they manage to get the wheels under the body this time.

Alan

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just hope that after the disapointment of the GT40 that FLY really deliver the goods on these

the Daytona and BMW are "must have's" for me - but the best news is the 911's

how long have we waited for a pukka 911 to appear as a slot - and the fact that we get a 934 and a 2.7 carrera RS is just the icing on the cake !

regards - TB

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Luc, it is OK on this site to post direct links to any other site, but we agree not post their photos here without permission from them.
Our rules rules are more flexible than those you are familiar with!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Fast Lucky !

Go check out the Slocenter site, fifth page on the fly news, you're gonna ...... in your pants.

See you around
Froggie

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey sorry kinf a woke up a bit late, anyway did it in my own.

Too bad we gonna have to way an other couple years !

Cheers, Froggie.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Pink Kar Reynard was announced at the Nurnberg fair. It will be a first since the body will be made of carbon. Looking at the pictures, I think Spirit's latest offering will be more detailed though. Let's wait and see.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Now I'm no fan of Beemers, it's more than the fact that indicators appear to be in the list of optional extras and not many buyers go for that. But this one looks the business and no mistake.

I'm no fan of Ferraris either, but that Daytona is looking sweetly pretty. And some of the liveries that car carried are superb.

And it may come as no surprise to learn that a cantankerous gurmudgeon like myself dislikes Porsche too. But that 911 is going to be hard to ignore.

Looking at what is coming up I reckon Mr Barrios had better get some bigger sacks to put all his money in. These three are going to be serious money spinners for him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts