SlotForum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts

New Fly Alpha Chassis/body concept.

Fly have had a re-think with the Alpha series to lift this budget range they have come up with an idea. They are going use the inline chassis and simplified interior idea and mate them to Classic body styles such as the Ferrari 512S and Porsche 917K, Fly are hoping to attract a different market with these models, people who would want to race iconic cars as opposed to leaving them on a shelf!

F 706101 - Porsche 917K 1000KM SPA 1970 - J.Siffert/B.Redman

F 707101 - 512 S Le Mans 1970 - Guinti/Vaccarella

Also as a breakaway from the less well known cars modelled in the past they are also releasing the Porsche 997 RSR in this range and first will be the Blue Felbermayr sponsored car.

F 704101 - Porsche 997 RSR Le Mans 2010 - M.Lieb/R.Lietz/W.Henzler

All these models will have a UK RRP of £34.95.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great idea! My Lotus 78 was a bit too expensive, and not that good...

Only problem I can see is this: Why buy the full price cars, now? (Yes, they might have a tiny bit more detail, but otherwise?)

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think this is a good idea too. If we can get the same quality body shells at an affordable price I'm a fan. Interior detail isn't that important to me anyway and the layout looks like it will give us space for tuning as well as being able to upgrade parts easily. And hopefully it will keep Fly in the game, which we all want. Love the look of that Porsche too.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
QUOTE (RecklessRacer @ 10 Nov 2011, 06:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If they can make the chassis flat, square, and have proper tolerances for axles, wheels, guide, I would be VERY happy.

If they produce the same old same old, this is probably a mistake.
I hear ya but . . or should I say yabbut when addressing a canuk . . . sorry, twisted sense of humour . . . anyway, the 3D CAD of the chassis indicates a fair bit of stiffening in the chassis around the motor.
If Rafael could at least make the chassis fairly rigid, the tolerances are easily fixed at the lower end with a super-glue collar for the bushhes, and a bit of glue and true on the rest.

What they gotta acheive for that price in a basic non-podded car, is a proper tampo printed body of FLY quality, then they'll um . . er . . FLY off shelves.

Even better - I hope - and presume that the chassis will have body mounting for the existing bodies eg 917, so that we can mix and match new and old body and chassis.
That opens up the possibility to mix and match old and new of a class for the old or new chassis with the old or new bodies.

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
These chassis look pretty much the same as those on the Sunred cars. Nice and basic and simple and no faffy pretentious added silly bits. But unfortunately the same old terrible 'easybreak' plastic grey gears and awful bearings.

I just hope they don't make the bodyshells as pitifully poor as the Sunred cars.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Erm... Doesn't Carrera still retain an "exclusive" licensing deal for Ferraris? I know that Flyslot have been doing their 250LM, but this will only draw attention...

Although I do notice that they're taking the Racer approach of only using the model number and not mentioning the Ferrari name at all. Maybe that's a loophole...

·
Registered
149 Posts
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 10 Nov 2011, 00:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>These chassis look pretty much the same as those on the Sunred cars. Nice and basic and simple and no faffy pretentious added silly bits. But unfortunately the same old terrible 'easybreak' plastic grey gears and awful bearings.

I just hope they don't make the bodyshells as pitifully poor as the Sunred cars.

Remember that the Sunreds are from the "Madness" series, which seems to be a bit cheaper than the "Alpha" series.

I think that one should look at the recently released Fiat Punto Abarths to get an idea on how these cars will be made.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi

I really do not understand all the fuss about the nice Fly Classic cars.

Have a lot of them and they are for racing. Even the exclusive Gulf cars and many other Ferrari`s.

With some glue , small front tires and slot it guide they keep un running and the 6 Lane Fly Classic races I do not think that we had more than 2 issues with damaged gears or whatever.

Has to be said that they need some attention but after this..........

Go Fly go end please make more models so that people can buy the cars on normal rate and not the crazy prices that some people ask

Greetz

Frank

·
Premium Member
4,797 Posts
The more 'Alpha' cars the better as far as I'm concerned. The Punto is lovely to run non-magnet and has now got a couple of club wins under its belt against the likes of the SCX Suzuki Swift and Ninco Clio. The little open can motor may only have 17,300rpm but it's all business and in a car so light, wide and grippy it's a pleasure to run.

On that basis the 917 and 512 are must-haves. And I'll never go shy when it comes to a 997!

Just hope we get to see some different liveries - Felbermayr is nice enough but there are so many to choose from. My wishlist would be for the Flying Lizard (standard) Flying Lizard (mad orange and blue Le Mans car) and IMSA Matmut - and that's only for starters!

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just had news of two more Alfa releases.

Based on the previously released Fiat Punto liveries two limited edition "dirty" cars;

FSM04101B Punto S2000 Rally La Villa Joiosa 2008 "Dirty"

and

FSM04102B Punto S2000 Rally de Portugal 2008 "Dirty"

Both cars appear to have had the original tampo printing errors corrected (note the white Vodafone logo).

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Great Idea? LOL

Many of us have been saying they should do this for MANY years! One has to wonder what it takes for people to open their minds and listen! Should it really have been neccesary to go through a bankruptsy and restructuring in order to realize this was the wave of the future. And then present it as if you just had a flash of brilliance!?

Some of the old classics actually ran pretty good and you could find the odd chassis in other configurations (even my least favorite the front engined chassis) that where good runners, it seems that this was almost more by accident then anything, because for every good one there was a dog!!

Good news, but maybe a day late! (or year)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts